Burtonwood.. 2nd August additional parking

General Bike chat
Saintsman27

Burtonwood.. 2nd August additional parking

Post by Saintsman27 »

I posted this on NWB tonight re 2.8.2013...I thought it would help

Hi folks . On Friday .Indeed we will attend sadly and pay our earnest respects to Martin and comfort his love ones.

I am sure someone has thought of this .. but.. Parking in Burtonwood ...

Being a local man and I live quite close to the village of Burtonwood I can give you all some facts , Burtonwood is
a small Cheshire village with one main road winding through it , St. Michaels church is in the middle and the Church Hall is directly opposite nearby with its own car park . Judging by the response of attendees and viewing the ride out on Sunday I can say that
we will see a sight of motorcycles ... now parking is a question which has to be considered by all the riders and car owners maybe..
.. the Parish Hall car park will fill easily ..the Catholic Club car park could fill also . The pub the Chapel House at the side of the Church has closed its car park for building works ....and construction work can be seen on the car park on passing no vehicles can been seen on there.

I have called in two local pubs , the Bridge Inn and the Elm tree Inn spoke with the licensees. These are very close to the Church and its an easy
walk.

They will welcome bikers/ vehicles and you will be able to park very safely close to the Church on these pub car parks early a.m and walk to
the service .should you not be able to park on the road or closer wherever you want

In addition the licensee of the Elm Tree... Mark is extreemely keen to help who is a biker himself rides a Pan European , said he would provide any
early meals any security and look look after equipment/ gear and anything else that anyone wants... anyone wishing to avail Mark
/Sharon hospitality may ring them on 01925 558943 mob 07411773143 to arrange what you want.. an early start maybe ..whatever..

Just trying to help here ...
Alb
VTRDark

Re: Burtonwood.. 2nd August additional parking

Post by VTRDark »

Well done Alb that is something that has got forgotten about. Unfortunately I wont be able to make it on Friday but I'm sure parking is not something that has crossed peoples minds. What's the street parking like around there. Is it resident only and what are the traffic warden patrols like. Those pub car parks may get full rather quick also between our forum and others. Plus there is going to be all Martins family members in cars and stuff, so I expect they will fill the church car park.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Hi.. I can say that there are no parking restrictions or appear to be none... through the village on either side of the main road through ... however this road where St Michaels Church lies .... is the main thoroughfare through the village along a designated bus route and all traffic including hgv's, cars , taxis , pedestrians and all manner that would be expected to use a main route through the village use it . It is continually busy. I would not like to leave a motorcycle parked on it ... however ..

There are residential areas nearby and there is plenty of off street / residential parking in side roads, to the east and west of the Church . This would involve a small walk but nothing really to bother fit people.
The spaces to use would appear to be ... if Church car park full ... nearest , Elm tree, Bridge Inn PH,s
Catholic club frontage .... followed by residential opposite the Catholic club .. further resential but
farther way east of the Church..

The area is Policed by the Cheshire Contabulary and I am unsure what patrols they have ? , wardens , pcso's
the main divisional sub hq is in Warrington but the area is probably policed from
Great Sankey... but I am uncertain of this . In my travels throughout Burtonwood I have just seen the odd
Police car but I am sure someone covers this area .. it is considered to be I feel a quiet " backwater " I have
never ever seen a walking traffic Warden. but they do buzz about thesedays on small scooters nowadays ...

As no one really knows how it it will turn out its going to be a wait and see scenario ... everyone should get in ok... good luck... give Martin a good un ...
Alb
BennysSister

Post by BennysSister »

Hi All
Thanks for the helpful and considerate posts re: parking. Being a Burtonwooder born and bred I can assure you that there's very little in the way of parking restrictions; I've never seen a traffic warden and very rarely seen any police presence. Friday's events will be the most exciting thing to happen in the village in a long time! Our family is well known in the village so I'm sure most locals will be understanding and helpful as far as possible. Our friends at the Catholic Club where the wake/party will be held will be opening up from about 11am and putting out garden chairs etc for anyone who isn't coming up the crematorium if the weather is OK.
Looking forward to a fitting celebration of a life well lived... x