Benny's Funeral

General Biker Banter
pinkyfloyd

Re: Benny's Funeral

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Love the pictures (if thats the right thing to say on such a sad occaision) I think the best and most fitting picture of all is the one from the newspapers with the coffin being carried by men in mourning suits and one biker in full leathers. Such an iconic image.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
BennysSister

Post by BennysSister »

Hi guys
Just wanted to say a massive thankyou to everyone from the family for everything you've done for us and for Martin/Benny - the turnout for both for the rideout and the funeral was incredible and so moving. We've been overwhelmed (in a good way) by the messages, fundraising, flowers, cards, stickers, videos and practical support from day one. Nothing will change our grief at losing Martin, but the love and respect you have shown for him has really lifted our spirits. Despite our sadness, it's been great sharing all our stories of him and it's a real comfort to know that his memory will live on for so many people.
With love to you all
Dianne (Benny's little sis) x
ps: We took the flowers up to the crash site today and I had a wry smile as I spotted the sticker on the police notice! I'm personally taking on South Yorkshire for the sticker challenge :wink:
banksy

Post by banksy »

I'm still absolutely flabbergasted and totally proud of my motorcycle 'family'
RIP My friend,that was one hell of a send off
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

banksy wrote:I'm still absolutely flabbergasted and totally proud of my motorcycle 'family'
RIP My friend,that was one hell of a send off
+115. Or however many bikes were there....such a sad occasion made powerful by the show of community and camaraderie ..... I don't think I have ever seen or felt such positive passion :clap: :clap:
AMcQ
Jaymar

Post by Jaymar »

Just thought i'd post Robs video, (from nwb) as you get a true idea at the volume of bikes. It was taken as every one was leaving the house.
adyf

Post by adyf »

It was quite the send off , but even then Benny deserved it all and more,held my emotions back but when we left for the crematorium ,people where applauding outside the church I think it was some of bennys family ,couldn't see I was crying inside my helmet,lovely people I wish them as much peace and happiness they can find .
Tekram La

Post by Tekram La »

Truly was a great send off and an epic sight everybody coming together to say there goodbyes. We did him proud as he did us, also meant a lot to Martins family who couldn't thank everybody enough, may peace stay with them. Big thanks to all those who took photos and videos of the day so those who couldn't make it could still share in it.
Lets all remember why we came together and may it help us to stay together.