what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Kev L »

I love moi boike! Had one of those Zen type rides where everything fell into place on dry roads in weather where you could wear the right protective equipment without frying me nut's. Cars were spaced correctly to pass them at precise intervals between solid white lines and mere hazard markings. And just to finish off the ride, a tw@ who had been wandering around in "his" lane at 10mph below the speed limit (in double unbroken white lines) was passed on the next roundabout around the outside whilst dragging a slider and shooting off down the A10 at highly illegal pace with the bike not missing a beat. This is the reason we ride these things, this is the reason we adapt and adjust these things, this is the reason we ride them standard, this is the reason we are drawn back to them, because we are motorcyclists and for this reason it's in our blood, the thrill of accelaration over top speed, the ability to pass dawdling drivers in a millisecond and carry on to the next obstacle.
I FERKING LOVE MOI BOIKE!!!!! :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:clap: well said Kev and sounds like you got home with a big grin on :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:I love moi boike! Had one of those Zen type rides where everything fell into place on dry roads in weather where you could wear the right protective equipment without frying me nut's.
Cars were spaced correctly to pass them at precise intervals between solid white lines and mere hazard markings. And just to finish off the ride, a tw@ who had been wandering around in "his" lane at 10mph below the speed limit (in double unbroken white lines) was passed on the next roundabout around the outside whilst dragging a slider and shooting off down the A10 at highly illegal pace with the bike not missing a beat.

This is the reason we ride these things, this is the reason we adapt and adjust these things, this is the reason we ride them standard, this is the reason we are drawn back to them, because we are motorcyclists and for this reason it's in our blood, the thrill of accelaration over top speed, the ability to pass dawdling drivers in a millisecond and carry on to the next obstacle.

I FERKING LOVE MOI BOIKE!!!!! :thumbup:
i do like them rides and well put kev :thumbup:
its a shame rides like that only happen a few times each year and you never want them to end .
i have found rides like that happen more at night now for me like on the way home from work at 1am when no other wonker is around
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Yes Andy, you managed to get out on yours at all?
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Kev L wrote:Yes Andy, you managed to get out on yours at all?
nope. Got a lot going on at the moment, it's sat under the cover and has been for a while. Even got my leathers taken in, Byson finished them a month ago and haven't been able to get them :( Will hopefully get on it soon. I'll maybe give you a shout if it's a weekend when I head over to get them :D
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Do that mate, be good to see you.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Well it's been a good couple of days for me with the bike. Sorted out the carbs and TPS yesterday with Lloyd, noticed I needed a new air filter so ordered that yesterday. Today I have sent my WP rear shock off so that should be delivered to MCT tomorrow for them to sort out. Also just purchased new exhaust packing and rivits from PJ Engineering as my cans were getting rather hot 8O But they sounded nice :lol:

So come the weekend I shall be a busy boy sorting my bike out with new air filter, new packed cans and hopefully I will get time to look at the rear brake :thumbup:

Oh hang on... I'm working Sat and out all day Sun :x It'll have to be Monday then :crazy:

Edit: And I rode it for 2 1/2 hours. Never missed a beat, picked up really well and pulls like a train (according to Lloyd it sounds like one too :lol: :roll: )
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Collected half a vtr off Seb today (thanks Seb) when I got it home I stripped it down ready for cleaning and storing till I have the funds to get building it (in the new year)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Collected half a vtr off Seb today (thanks Seb) when I got it home I stripped it down ready for cleaning and storing till I have the funds to get building it (in the new year)
How many engines have you got in your garage now then. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Re: what have you done to your

Post by seb421 »

lloydie wrote:Collected half a vtr off Seb today (thanks Seb) when I got it home I stripped it down ready for cleaning and storing till I have the funds to get building it (in the new year)
No worries any time soldier :thumbup:

always fancied making some sort of glass top table out of an engine (like the top gear thing they have) but the storms lump isn't that great looking
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:
How many engines have you got in your garage now then. :lol:

(:-})
Two loose and one in the bike and I'd be getting the one from mac soon ish !
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

You building a big lawn mower or tractor???
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Took delivery of my birthday present (premature!) - a Givi V47N Tech top box- well the the 'storm is a Sports Tourer!! Griff.
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

BigVeeGrin wrote:You building a big lawn mower or tractor???
No I'm building an engine for a track day bike :-) out off the two loose ones .
And the mac engine will go in sebs frame to be made into kermit .
I should have the track day engine ready buy the end of the week :-) if I can be arsed
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Today I got a letter from the DVLA saying I am no longer the registered keeper of my Firestorm. I R SAD! :sad2 :thumbdown:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!