Attn PeteL

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Max

Attn PeteL

Post by Max »

How are you getting on with your APE's ?

Max
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Max,
No worries, running as sweet as a nut.
I did have a little oil leak out of the rear one but I just undid the the locking nut and put some Hylamar Blue (is that how you spell it?) into the thread and did the locking nut back up, it was only a slow seep but it stopped it a treat :P
Must admit they give me loads of confidence nothing untowards going to happen if I'm out giving it a fist full and bang down through the box for some good twisties :twisted:
How you getting on with yours? are they needing adjustment yet. I've done mine once and if you have the right spanner you can reach the front one without having to remove anything so it only took 10 mins.
Pete.l
Max

Post by Max »

I have adjusted mine, but only cause Roger said they sounded a little on the loose side. I just turned them one flat and that seemed to improve the noise. I will try the hylomar route as my back one drips a bit, its probably the angle it sits at collecting a pocket of oil. I think that adjustment once a year is probably about what its gonna be which is fine by me. I was reading on a post in the US of A some guy had fitted and not adjusted for 25,000 miles and they were still OK so I suppose it will be see what happens as I'm only up to about 5000 miles now. Did you find the bike revving better as mine seemed to rev higher and free'er (?) after changing them.
But its the peace of mind thats good

Max
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Did you find the bike revving better as mine seemed to rev higher and free'er (?) after changing them.
Not much differance with mine unfortunately but the engine did feel a lot sweeter.
I suppose if your old tensioners were a bit slack the valve timing would be off slightly and once it was corrected it would run better. Same will happen when the chain stretches. Anyone have a way of measuring the chains and what they should be new?

Pete.l