Radar dection

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Vstormer

Radar dection

Post by Vstormer »

Just fitted (as RIDE recommended) BEL Europa 966RM detector to my Storm.
Anyone with experience? :?: :confused
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Sorry ccant help, but i'm intrigued.......

i take you havnt got it working yet.....

but, once sorted, can you let us know how well it does work.....

(ps, how much was it???)
kingster

Post by kingster »

I had a radar detector once and it just made me paranoid! Kept going off at traffic lights and other areas where some IR device was present. Basically, leave it off round town (shouldn't be going balls out round there anyway :wink: ) and it should be OK. Mine didn't get Gatsos till you were past them.

Ditched it.
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

Bel 996 radar detector working well saved me twice from red face.
First of all worried as I was not getting response from gatsos, then realised these units were not active. Found first live unit in Aylesbury town picking up the A41 OYB back to Bicster LED went mad well in time and gave loads of warning, second time was friendly white van 1/2 way between Banbury and Southam on our local twisty, lots of warning. Flashes a lot next to garages, traffic lights but these areas are not too much of a concern, main point is it appears to be working as well as RIDE mag said.
It will be with me at Banbury cross and Arrow mill this weekend see you there.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

You can go out at front on the ride out then!
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

WayneM,
Good riding round Banbury/Alcester routes but I bet were not the only ones reading the meet sites! Looking forward to Sunday I'll be on silver R reg with MIG high's and the wife tailing me on her CBR600!! Hope I'm in front anyhow!! Will leave the ear plugs at home!!! :twisted:
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

Radar detector is now well established. I now have the confidence in the unit to actaully ignore what is says are 'dead' gatso's. The unit has saved my blushes on more than one occassion, the last time in Aylesbury. I can now ride new routes with more confidence watching the road instead of studying the trees and bushes for revenue catchers. Rode the A45 into and through Coventry and found lives on hill past Tile hill fire station and 100yds before Jaguar t/off just at start of 60 limit, others dead. Well spent cash.
blackstorm

FAO Vstormer

Post by blackstorm »

Hi V stormer.
Have you got any details ie price, where you get the unit from can you fit it yourself etc ( May buy meself a chrissy pressie)
Phil
Vstormer

Post by Vstormer »

Phil,
It is expensive :- 10947/179 BEL 966R Motorcycle £505.95 inc VAT from Intranetics Ltd, 1 Grundey St, Hazel Grove, Stockport, Cheshire, SK7 4EU. The antena fits in the air scoop and the unit fits under the seat, that leaves a small infra red ariel stuck low on the screen and the LED warning device taped to the top of the speedo. All pretty hard to spot. Only a couple of wires actually connect to the bike. I fitted mine in a couple of hours.

Dylan.
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Cheers Dylan,
Might have to be mine and the kids pressie. I'm sure theyll love it.
Phil
rivalry

Post by rivalry »

Anonymous Proxy ? What's that ? In most cases, general purposes proxy servers ( from proxy list ) do inform the target server about the address of the computer that made the request, transmitting the IP-address and other personal information to the website. But among different kinds of proxy servers ( from proxy list ) there are so called anonymous proxy servers ( from proxy list ) that can hide your IP address, which is a unique ID assigned to identify your location, as well as many other personal information, thereby saving you from vulnerabilities related to it.: http://www.checkproxy.net