help think ive got a goosed engine

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
blob748

Re: help think ive got a goosed engine

Post by blob748 »

dont forget be buy a new clutch center nut and gasket before you dismantle clutch. :thumbup:
Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

This topic has got me interested...
I get a 'ticking/rattling' while setting off and engine is under load. If you ride it like an old man then you can't hear it. Could this be the clutch as well? :confused
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Careful not to get confused with the slight rattle that is always there. You hear it more with the clutch out, but when you pull the lever in it's not so bad. They all do this. Tony also has issues with the biting point which is a bit of a giveaway :!:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

cybercarl wrote:Careful not to get confused with the slight rattle that is always there. You hear it more with the clutch out, but when you pull the lever in it's not so bad. They all do this. Tony also has issues with the biting point which is a bit of a giveaway :!:

Thanks Carl
On tick over the engine is very quiet, it only happens when you open the throttle under load but noise goes as the revs rise. Could this be 'engine knock' or pinkin (or what ever its called lol) ?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It could be engine pinking/pinging your hearing considering your other issue with the carbs. You may be running a little lean. Or ignition timing (not to be confused with cam timing) is too far advanced which the TPS contributes too especially at lower revs. You would also get this noise if your changing gear to soon so lugging the engine a bit.

Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

cybercarl wrote:It could be engine pinking/pinging your hearing considering your other issue with the carbs. You may be running a little lean. Or ignition timing (not to be confused with cam timing) is too far advanced which the TPS contributes too especially at lower revs. You would also get this noise if your changing gear to soon so lugging the engine a bit.

Thanks for the info Carl, much appreciated as always :thumbup:
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

Ain't done anything with it yet to be honest, got my fixed sorted, rode that for a month and had my spinal op, storms on stands in back of garage going to tear down entire bike got a few things planned over winter.
edds11

Post by edds11 »

tony, how did the Op go, good I hope, take some advice please, remember what you have had done, you will feel better but DO NOT DO TOO MUCH, if you do you will frik it again and they won't touch it. Nice to see you back on here again. :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »