Fork oil

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Badger

Fork oil

Post by Badger »

Is there an easy way to change the front fork oil, :?:

Alan
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Hi Alan! Here's my advice:

Go for a ride around town wearing something tight & low-cut until you see another rider (or any mechanical looking fella, for that matter). Pull up & tell them you're lost and need directions to a reliable mechanic in order to get your fork oil changed. It's important to tell them you're on your own & new in town. The job should be done free of charge within about an hour. If you're happy with their work, and would like to use them again in the future, it's a good idea to offer a six-pack or some other alcoholic beverage as a thankyou.

Works for me, anyway. :wink:

It can sometimes be fun to pretend you're foreign & mimic the accent of your choice. Be careful, however, that you don't choose to tell them you're from a remote area in South Africa (for example) & by some freaky coincidence they turn out to know more about the place than you do... :oops:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Girlie_Biker

Post by Girlie_Biker »

VTRgirl

:lol: too right!!!

Badger

She's not that far off the mark, I asked my local (and cheap) garage if it was worth doing fork oil & seals myself and he said that in all honesty it probably isn't.

if its just the oil you want to do this topic might help... http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/phpBB2 ... t=fork+oil
ZZ-RAWR!
VTR1000 Firestorm "the Animal"
ZZR600E "the Baby"
GPZ500s "the Brat"