c spanner

General Bike chat
scoobie_sore_paws

c spanner

Post by scoobie_sore_paws »

Hi all
does anyone know what size c spanner is needed for the standard shock? Its missing from the wee tool kit so am looking to either find one or buy a separate tool but not sure of the size.

If anyone has a spare they would part with for some earth pounds plz say and we can sort something out

Cheers
Mark
Tweety

Re: c spanner

Post by Tweety »

It's a "special" one, with a slightly odd bend to the handle on it, making it possible to not skin your knuckles (possibly?), so buying off the shelf won't really work... You can find them on eBay, or by the part no of the local Honda... 89202-KV0-000 for the important part, perhaps you have the extension handle already?
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Knock it round with a drift.

Save your cash & your knuckles.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That works well when loosening the spring off, ie. going down the ramp on the scale. But as soon as you want to go the other way and go back up, it's not so easy, unless you take the weight of the suspension.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

cybercarl wrote:
That works well when loosening the spring off, ie. going down the ramp on the scale. But as soon as you want to go the other way and go back up, it's not so easy, unless you take the weight of the suspension.

It still isn't exactly easy, even with the weight off... I have tried various tools, but in the end, the stock Honda one proved to be the best one for me... Not that expensive if you search eBay, really... And it's the same in a lot of Honda tool bags, so don't need to be Firestorm/Superhawk specific...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There's a lot to be said for having the right tool for the job sometimes. It just makes life so much easier. :thumbup:

==============================Enter the Darkside
scoobie_sore_paws

Post by scoobie_sore_paws »

ok cheers guys....fleabay here I come :)
954luca

Post by 954luca »

I ended up buying one on eBay, just type in adjustable c spanner, they about £8 if I remember, can also be used on head race bearing as well.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Anyone notice a difference?

Imagine trying to work it in a tight space... Imagine not having to get the adjustable part on the nut, just to slip off... Imagine having the handle at an angle to the c end, so that you can turn it between the frame and other protruding parts, without it hitting things...

I'm done arguing... But to me, it was a lot easier than the adjustable one's... I have about half a dozen of various sizes, and about the same amount of drifts... Still easier with the OEM tool... Sometimes thing are just easier with the right tool, like Carl said...
954luca

Post by 954luca »

Tweety wrote:Image

Anyone notice a difference?

Imagine trying to work it in a tight space... Imagine not having to get the adjustable part on the nut, just to slip off... Imagine having the handle at an angle to the c end, so that you can turn it between the frame and other protruding parts, without it hitting things...

I'm done arguing... But to me, it was a lot easier than the adjustable one's... I have about half a dozen of various sizes, and about the same amount of drifts... Still easier with the OEM tool... Sometimes thing are just easier with the right tool, like Carl said...

I've never had a problem using the adjustable type c spanner??? Sometimes if you don't have the correct part, you have to use what you have! Hence why people mentioned Drift, adjustable etc etc.