to baffle or not to baffle

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: to baffle or not to baffle

Post by sirch345 »

:eh: who mentioned Castrol R :lol: My Montessa was running on that too :thumbup:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

its a shame to think 2-strokes will never be made again, so called enviromental reasons....pish!!!!!
sort out the industrial polution from china,america,india and many more country's first before picking on bikes and cars. i wouldn't be surprised if polution form motor vehicles contributes less than 5% of the worlds polution...... :Argue 1:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

It's a massive shame! Especially when you see these "green" 3ltr turbo diesel Audi's etc pull away from the lights leaving a huge black cloud behind them :( Working on 2-Stokes is a joy too.

Here's me trying to tame my YZ250 2-Stroke. The most aggressive bike I've ever ridden. Image
Jamie :wave:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote:its a shame to think 2-strokes will never be made again, so called enviromental reasons....pish!!!!!
sort out the industrial polution from china,america,india and many more country's first before picking on bikes and cars. i wouldn't be surprised if polution form motor vehicles contributes less than 5% of the worlds polution...... :Argue 1:
Not forgetting aeroplanes, how much fuel do they use I wonder, they are running 24/7 every week of the year world wide, you hear very little about that.

I agree it is a shame about the two strokes being phased out like they have been.

Nice photo Jamoi :thumbup:

Chris.
monga

Post by monga »

That's too personal, I have them without baffles. warm up in the mornings helps me wake up!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

monga wrote:That's too personal, I have them without baffles. warm up in the mornings helps me wake up!!!
And your neighbours :lol:

Chris.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Currently I've got dual exit blue flames, with all four baffles out. It's loud, but I like it that way. Always considerate when leaving the house early on (ready to go, low rpm until out of the estate etc) but to be honest it pales into silence when compared to me old Buell. My wife could hear me coming home from far away enough that she'd normally made me a cuppa before I got in through the door. But it did have a stubby 60mm system and a hollow 'silencer'.

Neighbours, yeah yeah, what do they ever do for you. I have to put up with the transit van sitting idling across the road at 6.30am with the stereo on full blast, waiting 10 mins for the bloke in house opposite to get in the van before they scream it off up the road unaware that those things are in fact fitted fitted with a second gear.

So personally I don't worry about the neighbours too much.

...and relax....!
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
ging500

Post by ging500 »

sirch345 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:its a shame to think 2-strokes will never be made again, so called enviromental reasons....pish!!!!!
Not forgetting aeroplanes, how much fuel do they use I wonder, they are running 24/7 every week of the year world wide, you hear very little about that.

I agree it is a shame about the two strokes being phased out like they have been.

Nice photo Jamoi :thumbup:

Chris.

Do you remember when there was that ash cloud and lime almost all planes were stopped. They did me tion that there was a significant reduction in air polution.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

ging500 wrote: Do you remember when there was that ash cloud and lime almost all planes were stopped. They did me tion that there was a significant reduction in air polution.
I remember that happening, not so sure I heard them say that, but I most likely missed it,

Chris.