I cannot express my anger at this.

General Bike chat
Salty Dog

Re: I cannot express my anger at this.

Post by Salty Dog »

Americans with Guns
Americans with Bikes

Seems little difference.

The report shows what a pack of disrespectful hoons they really are.
Shame they picked on an Asian I.T. worker on a Sunday drive with his wife and child (speaks volumes on how tough these bikers are) .... some "Good ol Boys" in a F-250 Dual Cab from the local Bandidos chapter coming off a Saturday night bender when the Meth ran out would have been a funny outcome.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Salty Dog wrote:Americans with Guns
Americans with Bikes

Seems little difference.

The report shows what a pack of disrespectful hoons they really are.
Shame they picked on an Asian I.T. worker.... some "Good ol Boys" in a F-250 Dual Cab from the local Bandidos chapter would have been a funny outcome.
Well now I guess as an American I should be insulted....... let's lump everyone into one group.... doesn't matter if the majority of gun or bike riders are responsible.....it is just easier to blame everyone for the actions of a few idiots.... so I guess we should ban not only guns but bikes also.....

Though if you are interested on what the "average" American feels about this incident here is the thread on one of my local forums.
http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/134715/
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Nothing personal Hawk, I hope you can see it was just a generalization....

To be honest, I was going to add how sorry I felt for the local biking community that will now be punished by the actions of others... happens everywhere.
It happened where I live 12 years ago... when they tried to ban Road Bikes on the road I live and was born on.
Now its a permanent 80k zone, with double guard rail, double lines so you can't pass and a police pressence

All because of some idiots that can't steer!

So now the rest of us risk our licence every time we go out.....

But have to admit.... some of your country man have a good habit of making the news :-)
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Salty Dog wrote:Nothing personal Hawk, I hope you can see it was just a generalization....

To be honest, I was going to add how sorry I felt for the local biking community that will now be punished by the actions of others... happens everywhere.
It happened where I live 12 years ago... when they tried to ban Road Bikes on the road I live and was born on.
Now its a permanent 80k zone, with double guard rail, double lines so you can't pass and a police pressence

All because of some idiots that can't steer!

So now the rest of us risk our licence every time we go out.....

But have to admit.... some of your country man have a good habit of making the news :-)
Understandable but remember that we see film of your football hooligans (just this last April) and can think the same thing about the English.
So generalizations can be a bad thing.

It only take a few idiots, though in reality they are the minority, to ruin things for the general public.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

That would be applicable if I was English.... or even resided in the UK.

Sorry, we don't play soocer here :-)
Nor do we have Football riots....
But do have Bikie Gangs that like shooting at each other :-)
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

[quote="8541Hawk"]Well by this report it was knifes that were pulled not a gun, so yes the same thing could happen there.....
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09 ... s#comments[/quote ]

Well it happened to be knives, I was just saying that over her if you were the car driver guns wouldn't even enter your thoughts as we don't generally see them, whereas its probably the first thing the guy in the car thought.

I remember being in Florida 20 years ago, and the discussion came up about getting pulled by the police. My then girlfriend ( American ) said never just get straight out of the car if stopped, as I may end up getting shot, which I thought a bit OTT, but apparently there were more guns in Florida than TV's. Different mentality here.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Different in most places.

Either way.... Gun Laws or No Gun Laws, the guys riding the bikes acted as total vigilantes off on a witch hunt!

Regardless of how it started.

There is pretty much only one way you could get run over or into by a car in that situation ... by not maintaining a safe distance.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I thing that does it for me, is when the bike does the brake test right infront of the car, if the car driver slams on his brakes, he then takes out the idiots that are riding on his back bumper, so he couldn't win either way.
mob mentality at its worst... :thumbdown:
i'd like to apologise to the driver on behalf of genuine bikers the world over.
also the different links to news agencies, I take what they say with a pinch of salt, no disrespect hawk, but usa news is shockingly poor at times....lets not forget the plane crash pilot names report... :eek2
chances are we won't get a clear picture of the fella's injuries or what happened after the cars windows were smashed in... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

agentpineapple wrote:I thing that does it for me, is when the bike does the brake test right infront of the car, if the car driver slams on his brakes, he then takes out the idiots that are riding on his back bumper, so he couldn't win either way.
mob mentality at its worst... :thumbdown:
This is exactly why I was so mad at it. The situation was forced entirely upon the driver by the bikers', first time I watched it I thought he was just being inattentive... Then I watched it again because a couple of people on Reddit were saying otherwise and I realised this, made my blood boil.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Still like the girls ass..... :think:
She told me she was 16.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Has made 6pm news world wide.

Gotta love Video Footage.
It wouldn't even be a story without the pics!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Phimosis wrote:Still like the girls ass..... :think:
:-) yep
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The guy should have protected himself and his family by pulling out an M16 and taking a few more of them out. :lol: :lol: No guns where drawn but the threat is always there. I love the way things like this stirs up the old gun argument. The thing is it works both ways.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

This thread should be put into the public domain....Us bikers are actually all taking the cagers side, that should be shown to joe public, then they'll see we are actually civilised !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Virt

Post by Virt »

leevtr wrote:This thread should be put into the public domain....Us bikers are actually all taking the cagers side, that should be shown to joe public, then they'll see we are actually civilised !!
No. The bikers with brains are. I've seen a lot of bikers criticising the driver and saying he was a hazard, deserves to be shot, etc etc.

There are some people who are convinced that bikers can do no wrong, and everything is the fault of a driver. I think the response of each individual does say a lot about them, those who put the entire blame on the car driver are idiots and hopefully natural selection will take care of them in the most amusing way possible. (Oh I love the darwin awards :lol:)

The way people can criticise the driver for being too close to the bike in front, when he has 2 bikes less than 2 feet behind him stopping him from braking is appalling. He couldn't speed up, slow down or change lanes. I would've ran them over like him, maybe even hit reverse to make sure I did a good job of it :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement