Top speed

General Bike chat
leevtr

Top speed

Post by leevtr »

Does anyone actually know the real world top speed of our bikes ( on standard gearing obviously ). I know there are variables, namely the size of the rider, but I'm talking your average 13 stoner, on a standard or minor modified bike.

Not important, just wondered. I've never had the clock showing over 160mph on mine, which equates to, what, 145-150 real money ??
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
chric

Re: Top speed

Post by chric »

Never been above 100 and never will seen to many accidents.
And people dieing going daft near me
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
slower110

Post by slower110 »

I usually bottle out about 130 ( exept in Germany but that wasn't on the Storm ). Never went quicker than that on the Storm and rarely on bikes since I'm quite tall and weigh as much as a coke can + leathers so I have to tuck right in and hold on for dear life ...... uncomfortable.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

my clocks read a full 10% over the speed shown on a GPS, so your 160 is close to 145...........that would be what I might have seen had it actualy happened :D
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

70mph is the fastest I've been on it :wink: but I've heard reports of 71,74 and even 77mph I think I'm a little big to reach them crazy top speeds .

And I won't know how fast the track bike goes as it won't have a speedo :-)
Virt

Post by Virt »

I've done an indicated 140mph (shhh) but I don't know how much my speedo is out as I haven't mounted my SatNav onto it yet. That will be a job for..

Next October :angel:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Fat lot of good you lot are :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I reached a scary 28.5mph while I was stuck behind Ali in Wales this year...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have topped my bike out a couple of times but I certainly wasn't looking at my speedo!
Jamie :wave:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I have had an indicated 160 on my old yellow storm when we went to Brands Hatch.......I am sure I saw that on the dyno officer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

i am a bit of a lump and i think it helps with the stability I have been up to 160 where my jacket tried to leave my body and there was more to come, not much though. This was obviously on the private road similar to the run from Almondsbury down to the old severn bridge, in fact so similar its weird :silent:
She told me she was 16.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

It appears everyone is scared to admit going fast....Obviously I didnt mean ' on the road in the UK '. Who would even contemplate such a thing :crazy:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well.... the true top speed on my bike, with stock gearing is in the 158 range though I was still running the stock ECU at that time.
At that point the speedo was buried past 180 mph.

So with that I would say the top speed should be in the 155-160 mph range depending on the state of tune of your bike and if you have the stock rev limiter (mine is now a bit higher due to the HRC ECU I run).
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

8541Hawk wrote:Well.... the true top speed on my bike, with stock gearing is in the 158 range though I was still running the stock ECU at that time.

So with that I would say the top speed should be in the 155-160 mph range depending on the state of tune of your bike and if you have the stock rev limiter (mine is now a bit higher due to the HRC ECU I run).
yes but YOO ESS AYYY mph's are 10 per cent smaller than YOO KAY ones :lol:
She told me she was 16.
fireballxl5

Post by fireballxl5 »

Have seen 157mph on the speedo at the Nurburgring on my previous storm (1999 model) no idea what that is in real money bloody fast enough for me, as there where riders flying past me as if I was standing still :lol: :lol: :lol: The cheek clock registered 140mph that's good enough for me :biggrin
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Phimosis wrote:
8541Hawk wrote:Well.... the true top speed on my bike, with stock gearing is in the 158 range though I was still running the stock ECU at that time.

yes but YOO ESS AYYY mph's are 10 per cent smaller than YOO KAY ones :lol:
pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: