TOP YOKE

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
koko

Re: TOP YOKE

Post by koko »

CNC. saint gaz. £225 complete with bars ,brake and clutch lines.Oh with vat about £270. Well worth the transformation!
NOT SO MEAN,NOT SO LEAN,EX-MAROON MACHINE!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

saint gaz wrote:Been thinking about this since I got the the bike, was even considering a change of bikes to a fazer just for the extra comfort. Where did you get your yoke from and what was the total cost Inc bars.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

hi they quoted me £375 all fitted, and that did include them trimming the fairing. i opted for the £96 bars risers in the end, that has helped a treat.
i didnt want to alter the fairing.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Shall we make this easy.
http://www.topyokes.com/comfort_kit_+_handlebars/197

Or keep your eye out for Secondhand ones popping up from time to time. The other route is adapt the top yolk with bar risers and fit Renthals.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I converted a std top yoke by adding £20 bar risers [did need a fair bit of machining as I started with the wrong type of clamps] and £25 Renthals. The standard clutch line still works and the aftermarket braided brake hoses I already had on the bike [std goodridge VTR kit] also worked.

Need to add a few inches onto the horn wiring so it will reach and then take less than 1" off the fairing with a dremell and it was all done. :thumbup:

All photos in my thread in workshop section
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I'm going to bid like wombles on one ending soon :)
Jamie :wave:
saint gaz

Post by saint gaz »

AMCQ46 wrote:I converted a std top yoke by adding £20 bar risers [did need a fair bit of machining as I started with the wrong type of clamps] and £25 Renthals. The standard clutch line still works and the aftermarket braided brake hoses I already had on the bike [std goodridge VTR kit] also worked.

Need to add a few inches onto the horn wiring so it will reach and then take less than 1" off the fairing with a dremell and it was all done. :thumbup:

I'm liking the sound of this. Might need some advice soon :thumbup:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

saint gaz wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:I converted a std top yoke by adding £20 bar risers [did need a fair bit of machining as I started with the wrong type of clamps] and £25 Renthals. The standard clutch line still works and the aftermarket braided brake hoses I already had on the bike [std goodridge VTR kit] also worked.

I'm liking the sound of this. Might need some advice soon :thumbup:
I met a guy last week who had bought £30 bars risers, drilled his top yoke after buying his bars so that he new the width etc, fitted 2 x10mm bolts from below and changed the brake lines, added a bit to the horn wiring and trimmed the fairing, he said it took him 3 hrs to fully do the lot inc bleeding the brakes!!! it did look good but i only had my work phone so sadly no photo.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

eBay has a fair few risers http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat ... ers&_frs=1

Even the Chinese are in on it these days. :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5inch-Motor ... 3384ced14b

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
DorsetBoi

Post by DorsetBoi »

I also have flat bars on mine, very comfy and I have arthritis in my spine. This he looks like risers bolted through the standard top yoke but works a treat. I hope to put a fireblade front end on and have bought a billet top yoke and some renthals.
saint gaz

Post by saint gaz »

how much does it actually raise the bars then?

is it something like a 75mm-100mm rise, and does it bring them closer towards too.

sorry for all the silly questions :)
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of risers on drilled cast alloy that doesn't particularly have much depth to it. I'm sure it's fine as people have been running them like that for years, but for me it's either a pukka alloy yoke that's made specifically for flatbars, or stick with the clipons.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

firestorm996 wrote:Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of risers on drilled cast alloy that doesn't particularly have much depth to it. I'm sure it's fine as people have been running them like that for years, but for me it's either a pukka alloy yoke that's made specifically for flatbars, or stick with the clipons.
Or you can use a nice thick Ali block under the top yoke and weld it in .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:
firestorm996 wrote:Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of risers on drilled cast alloy that doesn't particularly have much depth to it. I'm sure it's fine as people have been running them like that for years, but for me it's either a pukka alloy yoke that's made specifically for flatbars, or stick with the clipons.
Or you can use a nice thick Ali block under the top yoke and weld it in .
That's what I did on mine
AMcQ
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

I have put an order in with him in the past when i started my fireblade conversion, the guy was a complete knob and i ended up cancelling my order.
5 Mar 2012
me:
Hello, I have recently purchased some top yokes from you on wednesday 1st of march order tracking number 250, I just wondered if there was any way I could see the status of the delivery, like wether its been shipped or not even made yet? it still shows new order on the link provided in the email. Many thanks, James.

15 Mar 2012
Hello, I ordered a CBR954 top yoke on 29th of febuary, and it has not arrived yet, i am wondering if this has shipped yet or and if there is any way of tracking it? as it has now been over 2 weeks. Thanks, James.

his reply
"Your order will go tomorrow just back logged and the anodisers are the same"

my reply 20th march
"> Hello, i have ordered a top yoke for a CBR900, tracking number 250, and
> told it would be shipped on Friday, it has now been 3 weeks since I ordered
> and this item has not arrived. is there any way I can track the item if it
> has been posted, thanks.
"
his reply:

"Hi James,

We are working through all current orders and getting the parts sent out as fast as possible. Your order is inline for sending thsi week and we will let you know the tracking number when it is shipped. Due to the start of the race/road and motocross seasons and easter approaching fast everybody has the same idea and orders in March. We are working on getting all orders finished and despatched by friday this week.

We cannot make the anodiser who finishes our parts in the stealth black colour work faster and they are under the same pressure as they do all the work for renthal who again are incredibly busy due to season starts.

In winter these parts sit on our shelves waiting for customers but no one buys the parts when the weather is bad, everyone waits and then there is the usual mad rush.

I will send you your tracking number when this yoke leaves our shop, we are the only manufacturer of these yokes who offer the black stealth colour and use the 38mm billet, all european suppliers only offer silver and 20mm billet. We are also nearly £50 cheaper than the competition, these are probably the reasons why we are always very busy when other companies are struggling.

Your order will be with you very shortly
matt"

My reply
Hello, matt, I understand that you are very busy down there and sorry if this comes across as nasty, but this method of treating orders borders on taking the piss, I ordered it on 29th expecting it to be 5-7 days possibly 2 or 3 more as its busy season, fast forward 2 weeks and it hasn't shipped, you've stated the anodisers are back logged and it will go out friday quote"Your order will go tomorrow just back logged and the anodisers are the same" this was the 16th it is now the 20th and you state again that the anodisers are backlogged, hopefully it will be out this week, hopefully by friday? so that will be 4 weeks before I even have the item. this just seems rediculious. I planned everything in advance so I would have the top yoke to put on the bike for when the mot is due which was the 18th but i did not expect it to take 3-4 weeks to get here. and so my bike is now off the road until it arrives. Thanks, James.

matt:
Can't make things go faster than they go. If your not happy Cancel it. I'm sorry about the delay but happy I'm too busy"

my reply
"No I do not like the terrible service that has been provided, so I want a Full refund as I do not want this item after being treated so poorly. I will take my Business elsewhere."

matt:
"Ok, prepare to spend a fortune and wait another 4 to 6 weeks"
next email from him:
Steve,

Don't send order 250 today, it has been cancelled. Can you hold it until Monday so I can check who to send it to."
at this point I got my money back, spent 25 quid on a 929 top yoke drilled it and fitted some 10 quid billet risers and its been fine ever since. my last contact with him was 27th of febuary when I got my refund.
"James,

Your refund went to admin on Monday as advised to be processed so it will show on your bank statement in the next few days. Trading standards? You cancelled an order after agreeing to our terms we are just refunding you and are happy to do so.

We hope you have luck locating a kit ASAP as it seems spring/summer is upon us."

then he sent me a second email on the same day
"Did you get sorted with a kit in black? I know all our orders are upto date now. The guy that got your yoke was very happy with the quick delivery."

which was just pure spite on his part.
playerone

Post by playerone »

Serlant wrote:I have put an order in with him in the past when i started my fireblade conversion, the guy was a complete knob and i ended up cancelling my order.
5 Mar 2012
me:
Hello, I have recently purchased some top yokes from you on wednesday 1st of march order tracking number 250, I just wondered if there was any way I could see the status of the delivery, like wether its been shipped or not even made yet? it still shows new order on the link provided in the email. Many thanks, James.

15 Mar 2012
Hello, I ordered a CBR954 top yoke on 29th of febuary, and it has not arrived yet, i am wondering if this has shipped yet or and if there is any way of tracking it? as it has now been over 2 weeks. Thanks, James.

his reply
"Your order will go tomorrow just back logged and the anodisers are the same"

my reply 20th march
"> Hello, i have ordered a top yoke for a CBR900, tracking number 250, and
> told it would be shipped on Friday, it has now been 3 weeks since I ordered
> and this item has not arrived. is there any way I can track the item if it
> has been posted, thanks.
"
his reply:

"Hi James,

We are working through all current orders and getting the parts sent out as fast as possible. Your order is inline for sending thsi week and we will let you know the tracking number when it is shipped. Due to the start of the race/road and motocross seasons and easter approaching fast everybody has the same idea and orders in March. We are working on getting all orders finished and despatched by friday this week.

We cannot make the anodiser who finishes our parts in the stealth black colour work faster and they are under the same pressure as they do all the work for renthal who again are incredibly busy due to season starts.

In winter these parts sit on our shelves waiting for customers but no one buys the parts when the weather is bad, everyone waits and then there is the usual mad rush.

I will send you your tracking number when this yoke leaves our shop, we are the only manufacturer of these yokes who offer the black stealth colour and use the 38mm billet, all european suppliers only offer silver and 20mm billet. We are also nearly £50 cheaper than the competition, these are probably the reasons why we are always very busy when other companies are struggling.

Your order will be with you very shortly
matt"

My reply
Hello, matt, I understand that you are very busy down there and sorry if this comes across as nasty, but this method of treating orders borders on taking the piss, I ordered it on 29th expecting it to be 5-7 days possibly 2 or 3 more as its busy season, fast forward 2 weeks and it hasn't shipped, you've stated the anodisers are back logged and it will go out friday quote"Your order will go tomorrow just back logged and the anodisers are the same" this was the 16th it is now the 20th and you state again that the anodisers are backlogged, hopefully it will be out this week, hopefully by friday? so that will be 4 weeks before I even have the item. this just seems rediculious. I planned everything in advance so I would have the top yoke to put on the bike for when the mot is due which was the 18th but i did not expect it to take 3-4 weeks to get here. and so my bike is now off the road until it arrives. Thanks, James.

matt:
Can't make things go faster than they go. If your not happy Cancel it. I'm sorry about the delay but happy I'm too busy"

my reply
"No I do not like the terrible service that has been provided, so I want a Full refund as I do not want this item after being treated so poorly. I will take my Business elsewhere."

matt:
"Ok, prepare to spend a fortune and wait another 4 to 6 weeks"
next email from him:
Steve,

Don't send order 250 today, it has been cancelled. Can you hold it until Monday so I can check who to send it to."
at this point I got my money back, spent 25 quid on a 929 top yoke drilled it and fitted some 10 quid billet risers and its been fine ever since. my last contact with him was 27th of febuary when I got my refund.
"James,

Your refund went to admin on Monday as advised to be processed so it will show on your bank statement in the next few days. Trading standards? You cancelled an order after agreeing to our terms we are just refunding you and are happy to do so.

We hope you have luck locating a kit ASAP as it seems spring/summer is upon us."

then he sent me a second email on the same day
"Did you get sorted with a kit in black? I know all our orders are upto date now. The guy that got your yoke was very happy with the quick delivery."

which was just pure spite on his part.
I bite everytime with things like that, I'd have replied with something along the lines of "as was I when I found what I was looking for at a tenth of the price you where gonna charge me and from a seller who could actually deliver when they said they would, unlike some of the piss taking wa*kers that are abundant these days" :lol: :lol: :lol: