Post by Jamoi »

Hello and welcome! :)
AMCQ46 wrote:Welcome to the madhouse / old people's home
:lol: :lol: wtf am I doing here?! Oh yeah... MAUREEN! :lol:
Jamie :wave:
Mav617

Re: Hi Guys/Gals,

Post by Mav617 »

Thanks all, got new boots/trousers today, looking forward to the ride back tomorrow, with only a bit of trepidation........ :think:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome to the old farts club (not me them) :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mav617 wrote:Thanks all, got new boots/trousers today, looking forward to the ride back tomorrow, with only a bit of trepidation........ :think:
That's a good thing, better to be that way than over confident, I'm sure you'll be fine. Have a safe journey.

Welcome aboard Rog :thumbup:

Chris.
DorsetBoi

Post by DorsetBoi »

Welcome
Although black is the fastest colour, this lot will give you hip, don't listen and remain smug :mrgreen:

:beer:
Mav617

¬

Post by Mav617 »

Hi all,

got back in one piece! 250 mile first ride on a Firestorm after years off the road? Piece of piss! Lol

Superb ride, very "civilised" bike, manners impeccable, loud ART cans need to go though, even gave me headache! Datatool alarm is also a PITA
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well done Rog :clap:

Art cans are loud, ear plugs help :)
You could try fitting some baffles (decibel killers) in the end outlets.

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Can you get baffles for ART Cans, even ones stamped "Not For Road Use" - just save chopping them out for the standard cans come MOT time, they've won me over, the noisy bastids...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mav617 wrote:Can you get baffles for ART Cans, even ones stamped "Not For Road Use" - just save chopping them out for the standard cans come MOT time, they've won me over, the noisy bastids...
You might be better off checking out a local bike shop near you, so you can see if they fit before purchasing. To give you an idea what you should be looking for (most likely the cranked ones will be best suited for your Art cans, I doubt the straight ones will fit as good) take a look here:-
http://dsa.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40

As for the "Not For Road Use", you will have to remove that for mot time, as they will fail the bike with that stamped on them with decibel killers fitted or not. Once the decibel killers are fitted, that stamp will really no longer apply as the bike should be making less noise,

Chris.
jonjonsocal

Post by jonjonsocal »

Keep in mind the vtr1000s are wheelie happy bikes... I pulled a few bringing mine home.. VTRs are very well balanced bikes.. especially if you got the two one on each side set of cans.. keep an eye on the clutch fluid. It tends to disappear... or at least it does on mine.. welcome and good luck...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
02 VTR1000f Red
Storm in a teacup

Post by Storm in a teacup »

jonjonsocal wrote:Keep in mind the vtr1000s are wheelie happy bikes... I pulled a few bringing mine home.. VTRs are very well balanced bikes.. especially if you got the two one on each side set of cans.. keep an eye on the clutch fluid. It tends to disappear... or at least it does on mine.. welcome and good luck...

Is that a clutch slipping kinda wheelie or just throttle open in 1st gear?
Never thought of the storm as a wheelie machine?!
Biggeeman

Post by Biggeeman »

Storm in a teacup wrote:
jonjonsocal wrote:Keep in mind the vtr1000s are wheelie happy bikes... I pulled a few bringing mine home.. VTRs are very well balanced bikes.. especially if you got the two one on each side set of cans.. keep an eye on the clutch fluid. It tends to disappear... or at least it does on mine.. welcome and good luck...

Just throttle open in 1st give it a little burst pops ups great and very controllable great bikes for wheelies.
jonjonsocal

Post by jonjonsocal »

Storm in a teacup wrote:

just throttle wheelie.. even after shifting to second if you gas it hard enough it will wheelie very easily.. I think mine is a little lighter than storms since superhawks have the smaller gas tank..

No clutch needed for wheelies.. lol
02 VTR1000f Red