what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
saint gaz

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by saint gaz »

Finally had the carbs balanced and tweaked. Feels like a new bike now, it really was a bag of shite before but never realised it :-(.
Excellent job done at hammer and tongs. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

AMCQ46 wrote:If you look at the pictures we are talking about the forks are dropped in the yoke to clear the bars, that's what we are talking about....well it's what I am talking about
Gotcha ;)
Jamie :wave:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Jamoi wrote:
mattycoops43 wrote:Thanks chaps, I was expecting to be shot down in flames tbh! :)
I agree that for a lot of riders +4mm here & -4mm there will make diddly squat of difference but for a few, it would indeed 'transform' setup-A from setup-B.
That about sums it up..... for some the changes are not noticeable, though for others (and you don't need to be a world class rider) even small changes in geometry are noticeable.

So to say the changes in set up are not worthwhile in any way is not always true.
It depends on your riding style and how well your suspension is tuned (or modified)

Run the stock suspension and the small changes will probably go unnoticed.

Get the suspension dialed, to whatever level you can afford or desire and the changes then really do affect how the bike handles.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

:
8541Hawk wrote:
Jamoi wrote:
mattycoops43 wrote:Thanks chaps, I was expecting to be shot down in flames tbh! :)
I agree that for a lot of riders +4mm here & -4mm there will make diddly squat of difference but for a few, it would indeed 'transform' setup-A from setup-B.
That about sums it up..... for some the changes are not noticeable, though for others (and you don't need to be a world class rider) even small changes in geometry are noticeable.

So to say the changes in set up are not worthwhile in any way is not always true.
It depends on your riding style and how well your suspension is tuned (or modified)

Get the suspension dialed, to whatever level you can afford or desire and the changes then really do affect how the bike handles.
+1 :thumbup: :thumbup: :D. Blimey! Started something there didn't I ! Lol
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

He He Hee!
I had to really bite my tongue on this one.
Thankyou Jamoi for a very politically correct escape :thumbup: :wink:

4 mm, rant!, tos,id

:oops: :oops: :oops:
I don't even like it when my tyres lose their profile :thumbdown:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote:He He Hee!
I had to really bite my tongue on this one.
Thankyou Jamoi for a very politically correct escape :thumbup: :wink:

4 mm, rant!, tos,id

:oops: :oops: :oops:
I don't even like it when my tyres lose their profile :thumbdown:

Pete.l
So you should do as Forum Health & Safety Officer !

What are you doing about the loose tread on the step at the front door ?

It's been like it for ages & all your worried about is your bloody tyres... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Is that the front doors to the forum or the one to your house?
If for you, Ill send you some Grip Fill. I couldn't have you taking a dive just before you are scheduled to go back to work :wink:
Imagine all the paperwork! :D

Pete.l
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote:Is that the front doors to the forum or the one to your house?
If for you, Ill send you some Grip Fill. I couldn't have you taking a dive just before you are scheduled to go back to work :wink:

Pete.l
To the forum Pete, I blame Marty meself, all that to-ing & fro-ing to the E-bay thread, has worn it out quite badly. You may have to look at a strengthening program as well when you schedule the repair...
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

8541Hawk wrote:
Jamoi wrote:

I was tempted to drop P's forks 15mm to clear the bars and yoke....

But common sense did take over. I'm sure it would've been an interesting ride....
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

MacV2 wrote:

Pete.l
To the forum Pete, I blame Marty meself, all that to-ing & fro-ing to the E-bay thread, has worn it out quite badly. You may have to look at a strengthening program as well when you schedule the repair...
Consider it done!
I'll send my risk assessor around to weigh up the problem
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

Pete.l
Consider it done!
I'll send my risk assessor around to weigh up the problem
Fek Me! I hope he's got a strong back...or a portable weighbridge... :lol: :lol:
oorwullie43

Post by oorwullie43 »

saint gaz wrote:Finally had the carbs balanced and tweaked. Feels like a new bike now, it really was a bag of shite before but never realised it :-(.
Excellent job done at hammer and tongs. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

Might be a bit cheeky, but how many pennies did you spend at Hammer & Tongs? The carbs on mine need doing but might have to wait till spring as I want to get the front end sorted first! 8O
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Had a look at my wheels today and decided they needed a bit more black, so got me another can of 2k and blew over them again. ( 3 cans used ).

Now I'm a bit worried that all that paint will add to the unsprung weight of the bike, and the wheels being heavier will add to the gyroscopic effect, meaning it wont want to turn in.

So, to counteract this, I will add a 6mm shock spacer at the rear, and pull the forks through the yokes a little, but then it may be a bit unstable, especially in the more bumpy turns.

So, to counteract this, I'll have to take out a loan and order an Ohlins Steering damper...only the best will do.

Or....I could stop talking like a tw@, and just ride the fcuking thing !!!!!!

" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No lee you don't need to do any of that. Just stop eating wombles cakes, that will make up for the extra weight on the bike. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

leevtr wrote:Had a look at my wheels today and decided they needed a bit more black, so got me another can of 2k and blew over them again. ( 3 cans used ).

Now I'm a bit worried that all that paint will add to the unsprung weight of the bike, and the wheels being heavier will add to the gyroscopic effect, meaning it wont want to turn in.

So, to counteract this, I will add a 6mm shock spacer at the rear, and pull the forks through the yokes a little, but then it may be a bit unstable, especially in the more bumpy turns.

So, to counteract this, I'll have to take out a loan and order an Ohlins Steering damper...only the best will do.

Or....I could stop talking like a tw@, and just ride the fcuking thing !!!!!!

:clap: :lol:
AMcQ