Hi to everyone

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
oorwullie43

Re: Hi to everyone

Post by oorwullie43 »

Welcome in hope to see you around the place some time!! 8)
ging500

Post by ging500 »

Welcome to the forum and to another sv owner!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Hello and welcome :)

I also had a pointy SV which I loved (but not as much as the Storm) & I have pipe werx cans which piss my neighbours off! Oh well :D

Is your name really Jamie?? Do I have a life twin?? Do you also hate tomatoes & cough when you eat a banana? :lol: :lol:
Jamie :wave:
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Welcome m8tey.. :thumbup: some serious twisties around Stockport
and onto the distant horizons of Derbyshire to keep you
more than happy on the firestorm I believe .. good luck
watch those gatsos and cameras ..as we all do of course :eek2
Alb :)
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

welcome to the fun - best bike I ever had the Storm, ask away, lots of helpful people here with tips and advice :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Chris.
djgary

Post by djgary »

Well guys and girls I'm afraid the vtr has been a short lived affair, had it for just over two weeks now and I just can't get comfortable with it so it's on e bay, I would have listed on here for you guys but with less than 50 posts I can't. Glad I didn't sell the sv as I'm back on that now even though the vtr is still here, I've been spoilt with fuel injection and just can't get used to carbs and chokes unfortunately plus the riding position is just too different for me. Will stay on he forum though in case I ever get a chance to try a later injected model. Thanks for the welcome guys.
SpeedieGTI

Post by SpeedieGTI »

Hey I'm with you man...not even a week with this bike and I have listed it for sale :(

I sold my beloved Speed Triple 955i for a healthy profit in June and missed it greatly. I thought the SH would be a similar yet fun in its own way experience. Turns out the upper rpm vibrations and lack of top end power along with the lack of comfort are just tuning me off. That triple was so damned smooth and had power everywhere.

I do enjoy the visceral experience and sound of the vtwin and the SH handles incredibly well. It's a decent bike just not for me.
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

hi and welcome mate and now looks like good bye sorry to see you didnt get on with the storm but hay hoo each the there own :thumbup:
Regards ian
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

hello, goodbye , welcome back ???
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Only my opinion, but I think you both need to give the Firestorm/Superhawk a little longer before chucking the towel in so-to-speak.

Chris.
djgary

Post by djgary »

sirch345 wrote:Only my opinion, but I think you both need to give the Firestorm/Superhawk a little longer before chucking the towel in so-to-speak.

Chris.
Well it didn't sell so I'm going to store it until next year, not too sure I will ever get used to chokesnd carbs though lol I've been spoilt with fuel injection and diesels in my vans I'm afraid. :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Digary, probably not really the best time of the year to be selling a bike, although a good time to be buying, so you could have been lucky.

I meant to say, Honda didn't build a Firestorm with fuel injection, the SP1 and SP2 had fuel injection, but those bikes are full on sport bikes.

Chris.
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Hello and Goodbye lol
Whats there to get used to about a choke ?? pull out when cold and push back in after a minute or so.
I've ridden an sv650 s (gutless,okay for girls)and sv1000 (dont really get the feel of more power than the storm and felt awful in the twisty's and rusting).
The vtr1000 is a much better ride for me but im not a comuter so that may be the big influence here.
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

ah well .. eazi come eazi go .. sorry to see you depart :wave:
Alb