Motorcycle mechanics courses/training

General Biker Banter
Virt

Re: Motorcycle mechanics courses/training

Post by Virt »

Well I'm currently saving up for a new toy and finding one in good condition is quite hard so that was going to happen anyway :lol: well, a sensibly priced one at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i think this is why they need to bring back 2 strokes as owning and riding one you will learn basic mechanics just to start the thing in the morning and bolting parts back on when the vibrate loose on the way home .
these plug and play modern bike's leave very little for the diy mechanic to do as most will have a xmas tree on the dash and the only way to turn it off is to take it to a dealer .
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Virt wrote:
lloydie wrote: James is a good guy at ramp and wrench and knows his stuff .
Glad to hear that :lol: 2 sessions a month, £10 a session doesn't sound so bad either. Plus it's an excuse to ride the bike, as I won't be commuting soon :'(
ging500

Post by ging500 »

lloydie wrote:i think this is why they need to bring back 2 strokes as owning and riding one you will learn basic mechanics just to start the thing in the morning and bolting parts back on when the vibrate loose on the way home .
these plug and play modern bike's leave very little for the diy mechanic to do as most will have a xmas tree on the dash and the only way to turn it off is to take it to a dealer .
Have you read the article about the Bosch stability system on the new ktm. Its good they making bikes safer but what will second hand bikes be like in 10-15 years time.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

not bothered as i will still have the storm :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

ging500 wrote:Have you read the article about the Bosch stability system on the new ktm. Its good they making bikes safer but what will second hand bikes be like in 10-15 years time.
just read it and wow i would give that a go and it sounds very impressive :thumbup:
jeff998

Post by jeff998 »

what about night school ? i did my city and guilds at my local technical college mind you it was only level one and two the third year would have been full time
and i was working ,but we used the college bikes and tools, or we worked on our own bikes.
chris freckle

Post by chris freckle »

You could get a job at a dealer, work hard & learn for maybe 5 years only to find that the job pays crap & you need to buy & repair a few old bikes just to make ends meet. :eh: Not so much fun really.