What have you learnt today?

General Biker Banter
oorwullie43

Re: What have you learnt today?

Post by oorwullie43 »

I have learnt that it's very hard to find replacement screws for the front panels, after you have removed the rusty one,s! 8O
Virt

Post by Virt »

A restricted VTR, is a very, very good bike. Shifts like wombles! Ridiculously more powerful than the Hornet ever was, not quite as fast as my mates Thundercat (haven't had a proper drag race to check yet ) but he got past me easily enough. Still had more than enough torque to overtake cars on a country road while in 4th gear though.

EDIT: Just worked out my MPG, 32.. Booollllooooocccckkkkssss!
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

oorwullie43 wrote:I have learnt that it's very hard to find replacement screws for the front panels, after you have removed the rusty one,s! 8O
What ones I might have some...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Virt wrote:A restricted VTR, is a very, very good bike. Shifts like wombles! Ridiculously more powerful than the Hornet ever was, not quite as fast as my mates Thundercat (haven't had a proper drag race to check yet ) but he got past me easily enough. Still had more than enough torque to overtake cars on a country road while in 4th gear though.

EDIT: Just worked out my MPG, 32.. Booollllooooocccckkkkssss!
Well... For track duty, that's to be considered excellent mileage... :wink:
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Virt

Post by Virt »

Tweety wrote:
Well... For track duty, that's to be considered excellent mileage... :wink:
That was road riding earlier, didn't calculate my track economy as I didn't want to cry :lol:
oorwullie43

Post by oorwullie43 »

MacV2 wrote:
oorwullie43 wrote:I have learnt that it's very hard to find replacement screws for the front panels, after you have removed the rusty one,s! 8O
What ones I might have some...

Thanks Mac, found some in an auto spares shop and used stainless cap heads where I could! :D
reggy5

Post by reggy5 »

always check the back of you bike to retrieve your keys after just putting your battery on charge and then you will not be hunting them for threeeeeeeeee hours :Wall:
vtr 1000 firestorm
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I've done that :oops:
But not only did I leave the keys in the back of the bike I then when into the house.....slaming the garage door which automatically locks on the way out!
Needles to say, I had some strong words with myself :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:

Pete.l :oops:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

That the A685 road through Kirkby Stephen I drove across today to get to a customer in Co Durham looks a cracking bike road and (assuming my Storm gets finished by summer) is getting a visit when any decent weather comes. Mind you the Insignia didn't need filling in the 320 mile round trip - will cost me a fortune on the VTR, :roll:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Mav617 wrote:That the A685 road through Kirkby Stephen I drove across today to get to a customer in Co Durham looks a cracking bike road and (assuming my Storm gets finished by summer) is getting a visit when any decent weather comes. Mind you the Insignia didn't need filling in the 320 mile round trip - will cost me a fortune on the VTR, :roll:
Oh yes :thumbup: indeed it is a cracking road mate :twisted: :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

That I can overtake in 5th gear with no problem, I'm so amazed at how the VTR handles a restriction. It's still torquey as wombles, obviously not quite as torquey and you can tell it's restricted. But ridiculously better than the hornet was, vtr does 90 in 5th at 5k rpm. I haven't tried to see how high it will rev but I normally change at about 6k, and I still have 6th gear. Gonna try and break a ton tomorrow I think :lol: Keep just cruising at 90 because effort to go faster and it just stays there so comfortably :D

Oh, and that not having a high up exhaust with a heat shield sucks. My exhausts are practically brown already, despite me cleaning the bike after my huge ride out yesterday :thumbdown: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Get the race cans on with no baffles. :biggrin

Good to hear your having fun.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

Starting to think I shouldn't. The bike is quite loud coming into the parking lot (tight alleyway) and I've had one complaint already cause it really echoes the exhausts and makes them loud and deep. And I'm still on baffled standards :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Don't be silly......your breathing probably gets loud and deep when down tight alleyways!!!! :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Virt wrote:Starting to think I shouldn't. The bike is quite loud coming into the parking lot (tight alleyway) and I've had one complaint already cause it really echoes the exhausts and makes them loud and deep. And I'm still on baffled standards :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just get one of Pat's "Loud Pipes Save Lives" stickers and tell the moaners to do one!! My ART cans proudly wear their "Not For Road Use" stamps - until they have to make way for standard cans come MOT time :biggrin
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!