How would you describe the song of a dying CCT?

General Bike chat
callam_nffc

Re: How would you describe the song of a dying CCT?

Post by callam_nffc »

Al saves the day again
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

when mine went it did,nt really leave me in much doubt that some thing was badly wrong. I don't think there is any "nearly" failed or failing noises?

I was lucky that it went at tickover -ish whilst at standstill and did no damage to the valves.

you are a plonker though Rodney . I have read posts you have made giving the good advice to others to get them seen to.

:eek2 hope you have got away with it :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Germany was last week, back home now but can't do weekend as off to Centerparks with family....hence tomorrow nights the only option if you are in a hurry
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

I can do it, if you PM me your address. No idea where the satnav is though, will have to ask my brother. And find a way to use it on the 'storm :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bleh wrote:Sorry to boycott the thread but could someone possibly message leevtr for me regarding his cans? I'm assuming he can PM me and I should be able to reply!

In relation to the CCT's, I had one apart the other day and what a simplistic design. The stopper mod is obviously the cheapest and most effective method to prevent failure but I wondered if anyone has managed to purchase replacement/ upgraded springs... The springs realistically are the only parts that are going to fail and would be surprised if there's no repair kits for them!
Do your homework, there's a good lad. Use the search facility.

Clue:
"Greenwood"
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

tony.mon wrote:

Clue:
"Greenwood"
Handy thread for all to see. Greenwood S/S springs are apparently an upgrade for those who haven't already seen/ read it.

Homework done, do I get an A?
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bleh wrote:
tony.mon wrote:

Clue:
"Greenwood"
Handy thread for all to see. Greenwood S/S springs are apparently an upgrade for those who haven't already seen/ read it.

Homework done, do I get an A?
A* if you can find some and fit them!
:thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Bleh wrote:Sorry to boycott the thread but could someone possibly message leevtr for me regarding his cans? I'm assuming he can PM me and I should be able to reply!

In relation to the CCT's, I had one apart the other day and what a simplistic design. The stopper mod is obviously the cheapest and most effective method to prevent failure but I wondered if anyone has managed to purchase replacement/ upgraded springs... The springs realistically are the only parts that are going to fail and would be surprised if there's no repair kits for them!

If you're going to go to the trouble of taking cct's off to replace springs (even if they were available) may as well fit manuals, imo. :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:
IloveyouIloveyouLoveyou! :D
I still have the key safe and sound, however I'm lacking satnav on this bike :? :lol: Might need to see if I can steal the satnav holder off the hornet then

FFS ! Virt learn to use a feking Map boy !

Honestly the yoot of today putting something so important off because they don't have a bloody sat nav fitted...

''Here you go Captain Scot lets set off fore the North pole & beat those pesky Norwegians for King & country...''

''Oh sorry cant this husky hasn't got sat nav fitted & I'm washing my hair till next Tuesday...''

Do you think Captain Cook was worried about having a sat nav ? No I don't think so.

Fek me this country is going down the pan very very fast, if the electricity went off tomorrow & all the satellites fell out of the sky can you imagine all the geeks wandering around aimlessly with no phones or sat navs or games counsel's ....Hahahaha

Rant over.

Print a map off google they will even give you directions to follow.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
ging500

Post by ging500 »

It simply amazes me that cct failure is so well documented and we still find people with Honda standard cct's in. There are many alternatives to the original ccts however people are still banging valves.
ging500

Post by ging500 »

MacV2 wrote:
Virt wrote:
IloveyouIloveyouLoveyou! :D
I still have the key safe and sound, however I'm lacking satnav on this bike :? :lol: Might need to see if I can steal the satnav holder off the hornet then

FFS ! Virt learn to use a feking Map boy !

Honestly the yoot of today putting something so important off because they don't have a bloody sat nav fitted...

''Here you go Captain Scot lets set off fore the North pole & beat those pesky Norwegians for King & country...''

''Oh sorry cant this husky hasn't got sat nav fitted & I'm washing my hair till next Tuesday...''

Do you think Captain Cook was worried about having a sat nav ? No I don't think so.

Fek me this country is going down the pan very very fast, if the electricity went off tomorrow & all the satellites fell out of the sky can you imagine all the geeks wandering around aimlessly with no phones or sat navs or games counsel's ....Hahahaha

Rant over.

I thought I was going on a rant!!

Totally agree by the way. I don't have sat nav and I managed to get to grain !!
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote: FFS ! Virt learn to use a feking Map boy !

I can use a map, I just don't own any :lol: And I can't read directions while I'm riding :wink:
ging500 wrote:It simply amazes me that cct failure is so well documented and we still find people with Honda standard cct's in. There are many alternatives to the original ccts however people are still banging valves.
Haven't really had a chance. My bike is standard, in the 10 months (10 months today :lol:) I've had it, it's only been used for like 2-3 months. Most of that time it was in Bristol with my Dad who doesn't really believe all this CCT hype. Then it got taken off the road, and it only got put back on last Monday. Haven't really had much chance, I tried before but like I keep saying. Flywheel :lol: And I'm mechanically useless.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
7moore7

Post by 7moore7 »

lumpyv wrote:when mine went it did,nt really leave me in much doubt that some thing was badly wrong. I don't think there is any "nearly" failed or failing noises?

I was lucky that it went at tickover -ish whilst at standstill and did no damage to the valves.

you are a plonker though Rodney . I have read posts you have made giving the good advice to others to get them seen to.

:eek2 hope you have got away with it :thumbup:
I think most are like that... it's not like the spring is slowly getting softer. It's either springy or broken. And here's my favorite description:

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/ra ... oom-26943/
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:
MacV2 wrote: FFS ! Virt learn to use a feking Map boy !

I can use a map, I just don't own any :lol: And I can't read directions while I'm riding :wink:
You don't need to own any you plonker, print one off.

Even I hope your not that stupid to be looking down at a map whilst riding.

You look at it before you move off head for a way point stop look at it again ect ect

Tsk ! Bloody yoot.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Why am I reminded of this….

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts