Forks

Moderator: VTRDark

Steve97

Forks

Post by Steve97 »

Anybody got a pair they want to get rid of ? just the standard everyday firestorm forks ,

Thanks
Steve
agentpineapple

Re: Forks

Post by agentpineapple »

I will have some for sale in spring mate, if your not in a rush, let me know... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

agentpineapple wrote:I will have some for sale in spring mate, if your not in a rush, let me know... :thumbup:
Thanks Marty will keep that in mind but might need em a bit sooner
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

As it happens, I am dropping my front end off in order to fit the USD 929 front end i nearly have ready- just a wheel and mudguard to go.
My current front end is straight, and includes yokes with a cf top protector, WP springs, new slider bearings top and bottom and currently has HRC seals, which leak! I'll fit some standard Honda seals before passing them on. The legs have some stone chips/pitting, but not in the slider area, and so are still usable, as anyone who has tried to keep up will know :lol:

They work best (for my weight) with 7.5 weight oil, and a 140mm air gap, but if you're heavier or lighter I will adjust for you before selling.

The steering head bearings will need replacing before fitting the yokes; they're only a few months old but I wouldn't recommend fitting 2nd hand steering head bearings; you may wish to take the chance, it's up to you.

it's currently fitted with a six-spoke wheel, powder coated and clean, which I've weighed as being lighter than a std three-spoke wheel- you can search for the thread.
I have F4i calipers fitted, which I'm keeping, but I have a set of Honda Storm standard calipers if you need them.

So all in all, a good front end.
Piccy:
http://s616.photobucket.com/user/VTaRse ... ort=3&o=39

Actually, don't know why I'm swapping for the Blade usd units, a bit of vanity and bling, perhaps. And 320mm discs......
Oh, didn't mention, I will be selling my Braking Wave Storm fitment discs as well.

The disc bolts are probably Ti, if so I'm keeping those :lol:

But I also have a modified front spindle for the Storm legs that has bobbins fitted for a paddock stand. They're strong enough for that, but probably won't be too much use as crash protectors as the LH side may pull out in a crash. Just being honest; I only wanted the paddock stand functionality.

I could sell the entire front end, or break it, let me know what you're after.
PM me for piccies and prices.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Forks now sold :thumbup:

Thanks

May the forks be with you!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.