DSynojet kit

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
leevtr

DSynojet kit

Post by leevtr »

Question....What are the 190 jets for ?? It doesnt say in the destructions.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Re: DSynojet kit

Post by lloydie »

If the 180 are too small and you need to jet richer .
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Yeah I guessed that but it says nothing about them in the paperwork....are they for aftertmarket air filter ??
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

I had to use the 190's with my pipercross filter :thumbup:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

185 with K&N
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

ebenviljoen wrote:I had to use the 190's with my pipercross filter :thumbup:
Did they work ?? I tried a bmc filter last year with the 180's but it ran like a dog !!
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

leevtr wrote:
Did they work ?? I tried a bmc filter last year with the 180's but it ran like a dog !!
It did mate. I am running pipercross filter, 190's and 4th clip on the needles. About 1.75 turns out on the A/F screws. It's nice :D :D

I think youlle find it will run better with bmc filter. I do however think Pipercross is more free flowing filter than bmc, but 180's on bmc I think is too small.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

ebenviljoen wrote:
leevtr wrote:
It did mate. I am running pipercross filter, 190's and 4th clip on the needles. About 1.75 turns out on the A/F screws. It's nice :D :D

I think youlle find it will run better with bmc filter. I do however think Pipercross is more free flowing filter than bmc, but 180's on bmc I think is too small.
It was the BMC road filter.
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

There is a thread on here at what setup everyone is running, and everyone with k&n, bmc and pipercross runs the 190's. I had the pipercross with stock set up and 180's fitted and was running lean, struggling etc. 190's cured it. 180's are for stock filter i beleive.

Im no expert or know what the bmc street filter is like, but i wiuld have thoufht its more freeflowing than stock and nds bigger jets than the 180's. I think you can get 184's from Dynojet, may be be better.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I will be taking carbs off my bike tomorrow. The air box has a dynojet sticker on it. I had a quick look in the box but looked like a manky standard filter, I mean proper manky. I was expecting K and N

The bike has Art cans on and has been tracked at some point (Racetek tyres, rear sets, etc.etc). However, It runs like a I would expect up to 120 - 125 ish and then that's about it. Revs, gears don't seem to do much to pass beyond this point. Standard sprockets, pretty sure.

So i will be pulling the carbs, and swapping. I plan will be to return it back to stock and then, if it is running right, i will take it from there. Standard cans, carbs and filter.

The question is.... How can i confirm / identify a dynojeted set of carbs... what jest sizes, what other settings, etc.....

I have a Sigma jet kit kicking around somewhere. Anyone ever tried one of those??
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think you can get 184's from Dynojet, may be be better.
Do you mean 185's as wicky mentioned. Dynojets step in 5's so 170,175, 180 and so on. By the way, the 185 dj mains only come with the US kit.

Stuart the dynojet needles will have 6 slots for adjustment whereas Factory pro have 5. The standard Keihin needles are non adjustable. The main jets will be in steps of 5 if dynojet as mentioned wheras Keihin or Factory ones are in steps of 2's and 3's so for example, 175,178,180,182, 185 etc. The head on the dynojet mains is also a little bigger in height.

(:-})
Last edited by VTRDark on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==============================Enter the Darkside
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

ebenviljoen wrote:There is a thread on here at what setup everyone is running, and everyone with k&n, bmc and pipercross runs the 190's. I had the pipercross with stock set up and 180's fitted and was running lean, struggling etc. 190's cured it. 180's are for stock filter i beleive.

Im no expert or know what the bmc street filter is like, but i wiuld have thoufht its more freeflowing than stock and nds bigger jets than the 180's. I think you can get 184's from Dynojet, may be be better.
I've got the kit here now. Fitted them before using std air filter and the 180 jets as per the recommendations. Had very good results on both occasions. Just wierd how the fitting instructions make no mention as to the use of the 190's.
macdee

Post by macdee »

premature congratulation to Stuart wags on his 50th :thumbup:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just wierd how the fitting instructions make no mention as to the use of the 190's.
Not really as they are more guidelines than instructions that need to be followed to by the letter. If it was as simple as just slapping 180's in as they say, then there would be no need for them to supply any other jets. :lol: 190's are simply there in case you need to go richer as Lloydie said, just as the 170's being there in case you need to go leaner.

==============================Enter the Darkside
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

cybercarl wrote:
I think you can get 184's from Dynojet, may be be better.
Do you mean 185's as wicky mentioned. Dynojets step in 5's so 170,175, 180 and so on. By the way, the 185 dj mains only come with the US kit.

Stuart the dynojet needles will have 6 slots for adjustment whereas Factory pro have 5. The standard Keihin needles are non adjustable. The main jets will be in steps of 5 if dynojet as mentioned wheras Keihin or Factory ones are in steps of 2's and 3's so for example, 175,178,180,182, 185 etc. The head on the dynojet mains is also a little bigger in height.

I did mate yeah, fat fingrs on small touch screen keybosrd! Lol