Fairing Screws - Help!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Mav617

Fairing Screws - Help!!

Post by Mav617 »

Have had my bodywork returned from the sprayers. I took the fairing to bits, including taking the inners off. Now I can't find the screws I put to one side ( :sad2 ) - anyone know what thread/type the screws are that hold the fairing inners to the outers - can't find replacements anywhere seemingly....
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Wicky

Re: Fairing Screws - Help!!

Post by Wicky »

http://www.ronayers.com/COWL-C212263.aspx

copy paste the part numbers into David Silvers search by part number

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/part ... rt-number/

and bookmark for reference.

If Honda's prices are too scary then take a note of the specs for each nut, bolt & screw and pop down to a local fixings & fasteners trade counter.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I took the fairing to bits, including taking the inners off. Now I can't find the screws I put to one side
Have a look over the other side. :plainsmile

They can't have just disappeared. You have put them somewhere so need to look harder, back track your thought to what you was doing at the time.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
oorwullie43

Post by oorwullie43 »

Mav617 wrote:Have had my bodywork returned from the sprayers. I took the fairing to bits, including taking the inners off. Now I can't find the screws I put to one side ( :sad2 ) - anyone know what thread/type the screws are that hold the fairing inners to the outers - can't find replacements anywhere seemingly....

Got mine in a car spares shop in Warrington, can't remember the name of hand. Just remembered, DRB car spares, and the ones to the head light cone I replaced with stainless cap heads, M4 I think. Hope this helps. 8O

Wullie
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

There's nothing special to these screw, you can use over-long chipboard screws with a nice coarse thread and grind the pointy ends off- stainless is best.

As long as they're tight enough not to rattle or fall off it'll be fine, none of those screws are critical.

The important ones are the four that hold the sides to the frame brackets; use screws without shoulders and you will crack the fairings.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Thanks Tony, I ordered them from David Silvers in the end, including the four shouldered ones for the fairing to frame.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

oorwullie43 wrote:
Mav617 wrote:Have had my bodywork returned from the sprayers. I took the fairing to bits, including taking the inners off. Now I can't find the screws I put to one side ( :sad2 ) - anyone know what thread/type the screws are that hold the fairing inners to the outers - can't find replacements anywhere seemingly....

Got mine in a car spares shop in Warrington, can't remember the name of hand. Just remembered, DRB car spares, and the ones to the head light cone I replaced with stainless cap heads, M4 I think. Hope this helps. 8O

Wullie
Cheers Wullie, sorted.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mav617 wrote:Thanks Tony, I ordered them from David Silvers in the end, including the four shouldered ones for the fairing to frame.
Ah, that's the best way to find your previous ones, as soon as you order more they'll turn up. :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.