Goodridge Braided hoses

General Bike chat
jpickup

Goodridge Braided hoses

Post by jpickup »

Been looked on the Busters website for Goodridge braided hoses for the front brakes of the 'storm and am well confused. There are so many options that I really have no clue as to what is the correct thing to order.

Here's the page I've been looking at:
http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/products.asp?id=50

Any advice?

Also, any point doing the back brake?
What about clutch? (I guess that would just be for the looks)
curly

Post by curly »

Hi,
I bought my hoses from ebay, two front and one rear for about £63.
All stainless fittings Goodridge from someone called Gixxerwez.
Very fast delivery.
I've just looked on ebay, these are the ones!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 46458&rd=1
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

I got a set of braided hoses with stainless steel fixings from NBM Woolford off Ebay last week, kit is listed this week under -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 55222&rd=1

Really good quality and only £51.98 including postage. Fitted them on Friday and the difference in the brakes is amazing :)
2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm - SOLD
2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 - from two cylinders to three!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tiggerii wrote:I got a set of braided hoses with stainless steel fixings from NBM Woolford off Ebay last week, kit is listed this week under -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 55222&rd=1

Really good quality and only £51.98 including postage. Fitted them on Friday and the difference in the brakes is amazing :)
Is that two lines at the front and one rear set up :?:

Chris.
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

Yes, it's two lines which are so much easier to bleed when you set it up.
2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm - SOLD
2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 - from two cylinders to three!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

I bought these ones on ebay and they are super value. Whilst they don't have the stainless banjos they work exactly the same. Cheap too!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW
jpickup

Gixxerwez - top man

Post by jpickup »

Attempted to fit the hoses bought from gixxerwez over the weekend. Overtorqued the double banjo bolt and snapped it. :oops:

Contacted gixxer to see if he'd sell me another and he just popped one in the post for nowt.

So, I just wanted to say that he's a top bloke and deserves more business!

Quick question: the right-hand side front-brake line seems difficult to fit at the top (to the master cylinder). I'm wondering if removing the metal (anti-rotation) tab from where the banjo bolt screws in will help. Or more importantly if this is the right thing to do. Any suggestions? Maybe filing it down a bit is a better way to go...
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

I did exactly the same :oops: :oops: and got the same response, great service. I take it you were using the correct bolts in the correct holes!! You can't remove the crush washers as they provide the seal as the brake fluid gets to about 120 degrees and will escape wherever it can!

There are two different threads of bolts, one for the calipers and one for the master cylinder end. The bolt that goes into the master cylinder end is the big one. This might sound obvious but i didn't know that the two lines come direct from the top end and go separately down to the calipers.

Let us know how you get on.
jpickup

Post by jpickup »

Definitely using the correct bolt - double banjo into master cylinder. I think it might have been down to the rather tight fit of the right-hand line fitting applying a bit of shearing force on the banjo bolt. The weird thing is that I was using a torque wrench for the job...
Stormin Ben

Re: Gixxerwez - top man

Post by Stormin Ben »

jpickup wrote: I'm wondering if removing the metal (anti-rotation) tab from where the banjo bolt screws in will help. Or more importantly if this is the right thing to do. Any suggestions? Maybe filing it down a bit is a better way to go...
I did exactly that for exactly the same reason (apart from shearing the banjo bolt!! Ya ham fisted muppet! :lol: )
No problems whatsoever. Its there purely to stop the lines spinning round when you tighten them up.
Hold the line, tighten it up and thats it.

Ben