General Biker Banter
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

'Deepest Captain Picard voice' :

Make it so !!
Stratman

Club

Post by Stratman »

I help run a club in Norwich http://www.easternriders.com and do the website. Trying to get people ib=nterested in the same thing at the same time is a real PITA but if you have the dedication then it sounds good to me! After all, bloody GoldWings have them don't they!
alistair59

Post by alistair59 »

GO Mellis :D You can count on me for admin assistance Membership records, Cards (if we want members to carry cards) all that kind of thing. I think you will find a small membership charge neccesary to cover paper costs but it wouldnt be much. But anywhere a little time and effort is needed you can call on me. A
Noli iligitamie carburundum
kevg

Post by kevg »

Ask Firestorm Al, how to go about it, he has run a club in aberdeen that he started with one of my mates(who sadly died a couple of years ago). ABZ, or Aberdeen Bikerz i believe.

they have a club membership fee and joining pack all sorted out, also club discounts in place.

He'd be able to give you a load of pointers i'm sure.
cheerz

kev
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Personally I think this is a great idea, it will bring us all together on a regular basis and have a few laughs.

Cheers
Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
kevg

Post by kevg »

Seams hard enough to get people together on this site , never mind in a club, i'm not knocking the idea though, might be good if we get enough interest and can keep the momentum going.
cheerz

kev
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

UPDATE

Have written letters to Bennetts, Carole Nash and Motorcycle Direct asking them for up to 10% discounts. They say that they will get back to me within the week. If anyone can think of things to put in the welcome pack other than this then please let me know. Was initally thinking along the following lines:

Welcome letter
Membership card
Insurance discount information/flyers
Pictures of recent events
Web related info

If people can think of anything else then let me know.

Regards

Mellis

PS I hope to see a few of you on Sunday at 1000 at Box hill. Will be bringing my camera and hoping for some VTR lineups for the web page that is under construction.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

PPS The MOD can pay for the paper and ink for the moment. Want to keep the cost of joining to a minimum.
olkno9

got to be worth a try

Post by olkno9 »

I use the B.I.R.D blackbird site and have been on a cple of runouts with them, as with a lot of people who have family/ work commitments its usually a matter of logging in one day and seeing if anyone is having a ride out. Another group ive been out with is the Northern Cloggers, they have a site totally diffrent to the b.i.r.d and the vtr site, it is just straight forewrd run based. they put on x amount of runs throughout the year, put maps meet up places a couple of weeks earlier and this helps give people time to try and arrange something to make the run out. their is no forum on the cloggers site just info about the runs and then pix after. it would be a good idea if a page could be made from this forum and runs added several weeks in advance to try and give people chance to arrange. Ive been on this site a while and got some spares and things off helpful fellow riders, but ive not met anyone ( except chunky monkey on b.i.r.d run out). hope you give it a go , nothing to lose, but i think to make the runouts work more time is needed and locations thought of as their seems a wide area of people on here. maybe to start would be better to do some runouts to well known events eg, BMF or NEC Birmingham show. Good luck whatever.
alistair59

Post by alistair59 »

One way to work it is to say we are going have a meeting on say, the third Sunday of every month from April to October and ask for volunteers to find a venue and lay on a tour of thier favorite local rides. All we need is a pub (preferably with decent grub) and one voluteer for each Sunday. That gives people with busy lives, commitments, shifts etc six chances a year to grab a day out for themselvs. Also knowing which Sunday in the month the meet is going to be gives people a better chance to wangle that day and actually get the enjoyment out of their bikes. I volunteer for my current club a couple of times a year and people who do one ride out generaly come back for more. The trick, however, is in finding the vlounteers, but if they are out there and are organized, allocated a month and supported the whole thing will gell naturally. I for one would be happy to volunteer for a month, are the rest of you out there? :?:
Noli iligitamie carburundum