Loads of bits for sale

Moderator: VTRDark

VTRDark

Re: Loads of bits for sale

Post by VTRDark »

When you say Heat Shield do you mean the plastic cowl that sits below the carbs. If so the Pineapple needs one IIRC. I'm sure he'll confirm whether he needs one or not and if so this will remind him. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep that thing :lol:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Just a bump :thumbup:
Damaged frame added, free to a good home. Just one of the front mounting lugs snapped off, no numbers on the frame, ideal for track use.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Ckennedy wrote:Just a bump :thumbup:
Damaged frame added, free to a good home. Just one of the front mounting lugs snapped off, no numbers on the frame, ideal for track use.
And it's from a Fast Yellow Storm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Watty

Post by Watty »

I know of a couple of lads who have had track bikes crushed by police for having no frame numbers on !!!! :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Watty wrote:
I know of a couple of lads who have had track bikes crushed by police for having no frame numbers on !!!! :?
+1
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote:
Watty wrote:
+1
However if you have provenance, for example the write off documents, and a letter from your ins co stating that the frame can't be re-used and so you have to cut the numbers off, you should be ok.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

A friend asked a track school if the frame would be OK for track days and he was told yes but if he was to go racing it would need numbers. Must be a grey area. Either way if someone wants it for what ever then it can be there's.
Watty

Post by Watty »

I'm sure as tony says if you can prove its legit should be fine :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

As an alternative, cut through above and below the headstocks and chop out the centre to allow air to pass straight through to the airbox. An SP1 fairing can then supply air straight through. You'd need to make a fairing brace, but no biggie.

Not on my list of mods to do this rebuild season, but it's always been a possibility.

You'd need a fair bit of bracing either side, but there a quite a few air-through-headstock frames to copy.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I have proof the bike was a total loss and payment to me as a write off, I also informed dvla that it was a total loss so reg number details are on there system.
So it is traceable and can be proved it is not stolen :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I could do with this engine gone asap. If anyone wants to make some serious sensible offers I shall consider them. Or a price can be sorted out for the lot (which hasn't been sold) if wanted.