wont start

General Biker Banter
3suzukiman

wont start

Post by 3suzukiman »

Hi all , wondered if you could help with this one , storm running great , stop at mates bike wont start , will bump and run great without cutting out but wont start on starter all other electrics seem to be fine, horn , lights , etc , when you try to start on starter it trys and then just clicks but sounds like its frying the battery , hope you can help , thanks Steve.. P.S. ive just started it with a pair of jump leads , do you think the battery is kettled even though it shows 12.6 v on the multi meter. cheers Steve..
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

There really is something in the air doing this to everyone's bikes. Have a read of this

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/phpBB2 ... php?t=5091

It must be a change in the weather of the butterfly effect or something. A new battery sorts the problem followed by buying an optimate.
3suzukiman

Post by 3suzukiman »

:lol: cheers mellis , weird the way all the other electrics work o.k., but it is a big lump to turn over :lol:
ime off to get a battery tommorow dinner time , do you think something caused it to go, or its just had enough , its about 2 years old (so the guy i bought it off said ) :lol: yeh nuff said ,cheers ..
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

mellis wrote:There really is something in the air doing this to everyone's bikes.
I'm beginning to wonder if the rectifiers are somehow communicating with each other & have all agreed to go on strike...
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
3suzukiman

Post by 3suzukiman »

mine still has the standard rec on it , but i think ill replace it as well as the batt