newby

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
appledell

newby

Post by appledell »

Hi all,

been looking at this site for a while and finally bit the bullet and bought a storm ! great bike with loads of kit ( blue flame exhausts) the bike runs well and I am very pleased with it. However, when on a run and decellerating get lots of pops. I know all about the air leaks at the exhaust joints and pretty sure there are non (now!!!!) but it still does it????? any pointers? would a dyno jet kit help:?

Ta
appledell

Post by appledell »

does nobody else have this problem or had it and cured it? Any help gratefully received.
logan7

Post by logan7 »

Hello appledell wellcome to the site :wink: some one will come along with a better reply. But i have high level devil cans on my storm they sound great and they pop alot on the overrun. I have checked everything no air leaks and looking at the plugs bike is not runing to lean. So all i can say is enjoy the sound i know i do :twisted: i find myself decellerating just for the fun of it 8O
The force is strong in this one
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Appledell. I think most Storms pop with aftermarket cans fitted, as Logan said I think most people like the sound. However I have heard someone say that the joint where the pipe actually goes through the swingarm may need sealing,

Chris.
BigD

Post by BigD »

I had popping problems too, but not anymore. The only thing I did was replace the air filter (standard Honda). If it wasn't that that solved the popping, I think they just 'sealed' themsleves once they were run-in, which indicates they were leaking somewhere. I'd maybe agree with Sirch on this one.

Just round the corner from you. Should meet up if you fancy it
appledell

Post by appledell »

thanks for replys, been in London for a few days so not thanked you sooner. I will see how it goes for a while and will speak to those chaps at JB racing (quill)who are just around the corner from me. Has anyone had their bikes 'jetted' there?
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

hey apple,

ive had this problem with my storm, both with ART cans and Stock ones. Theres various reasons why its banging. Firstly check that the bike is not running rich (as has been mentioned) this is a really common cause. secondly there is actually like a weird silver cloth gasket that sits in the link pipes, over time this gets abused and dissappears, thus sucking air through the pipe and giving the bang.

As people have said here, a good load of coke depoisting in the pipes can kinda glue these together and solve the problem but i found that the wadding paper (kinda like thick gasket paper) seems to work well.

Also ive heard that if the carbs arnt quite in balance it can shove an extra load of fuel in on the over-run and thus create more bangs!

either way, personally i love the back fires and whatching pedistrians dive for cover, lol!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!