Hi All!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Jscobey

Hi All!

Post by Jscobey »

Allow me to introduce myself,
I'm new to this forum but not to the VTR. I've been on a more state-side VTR forum for some time, but thought i might expand my mind with the wealth of British knowledge here. I've had my Storm for a little over a year and i love it! I love wrenching almost as much as i love riding, hence I've got a bad case of OCMD. My current ventures are a lightened flywheel that's finished and on the way to my front door as well as ordering the parts for the 900RR swinger brace mod. most of my other mods are listed in my signature minus a few bells and whistles.Well I just wanted to say Hello to everyone and im sure ill be annoying you with questions pretty soon. Cheers!

Joey
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Rob

Re: Hi All!

Post by Rob »

Welcome Joey,

You are very welcome and I can assure you that your questions will not be annoying and you will get all the help and support here that you need.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Welcome over :-)
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

And how much of your OCMD are you going to blame on me???? :lol:

Welcome over, you'll find that you just might like this place a bit better and now I don't have to post somewhere else to talk to you about covering your front brake lever......
Surprised you were given the info that you were on that subject.....

Though you should still come over to this side of the valley sometime and do a bit of riding around here. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

im blaming all my OCMD on you 8541!

and yes i plan on heading over yonder sometime soon. id say this weekend but im installing my lightened flywheel. still need to come measure your swinger brace and check clearance although i doubt it will be an issue. how does next Sun/Mon work for you?

Hoping to get a little more support over here. although the sites gonna take a little getting use to. a little more confusing to navigate, as well as the UK lingo :confused but im sure ill get the hang of it. thanks for the welcome mates! <---see im picking up on things rather quicklyy! :D
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Hey if they tolerate me there should be no problems.....

And even though Lloydie likes um young you're far enough away from him and his lube to have no worries....... :lol: :Ball Kick:

Oh and either day works for me, been waiting for the roads to clean up a little after last weeks rain so I'm good to go anytime :thumbup:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

If you need the tool for removing the flywheel I have it here someplace.....
The only bit that can be tough otherwise is torquing it back down...... put a 2X4 through the rear wheel so it can lock against the swingarm with the bike in gear and then torque it down is the quick and easy way to get the job done :thumbup:
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

i am in need of that tool. i love the tip about the 2x4. thats my kinda wrenching. the make do with what you have type. ive heard a specific dorman drain plug will also do the trick for removing the flywheel.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Hello and welcome mate :D , loving the storm in white :thumbup: . Pics please 8O .
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Jscobey wrote:i am in need of that tool. i love the tip about the 2x4. thats my kinda wrenching. the make do with what you have type. ive heard a specific dorman drain plug will also do the trick for removing the flywheel.
Yes that can work but like I said I do have the proper MotionPro tool for removing it.
I'll hunt it down and let you know when I find it.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Watty wrote:Hello and welcome mate :D , loving the storm in white :thumbup: . Pics please 8O .
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

8541Hawk wrote:
Jscobey wrote:i am in need of that tool. i love the tip about the 2x4. thats my kinda wrenching. the make do with what you have type. ive heard a specific dorman drain plug will also do the trick for removing the flywheel.
Yes that can work but like I said I do have the proper MotionPro tool for removing it.
I'll hunt it down and let you know when I find it.
sweet. i was damn near ordering the motion pro tool too! thanks for that. is your flywheel lightened? id assume so since i think uve done 99% of the possible mods :thumbup: if it is whats your thoughts on it?
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well I might have spoken too soon...did a quick look and didn't see it so I might have loaned it out and never got it back.
I'll check again in the morning :angel:
Though I did find the steering stem castle nut tool if you are still looking for that one..... :lol:

If you do end up ordering it if I remember correctly it is 22X1.5 mm

As for the lightened flywheel, after suspension it is the best mod you can do to this bike.....Mine has had one for around 14yrs now :wink:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Jscobey wrote:
Watty wrote:Hello and welcome mate :D , loving the storm in white :thumbup: . Pics please 8O .
Oh yes, white is sweet :thumbup: . If I was to change from the best colour (teal, obviously :lol: )! White would certainly be high on the list :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the best forum :thumbup:
AMcQ