900rr swinger brace

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Jscobey

Re: 900rr swinger brace

Post by Jscobey »

all done!! everythings buttoned up. i did have a mishap with not realizing the chain needed to be taken apart to go THROUGH the brace so i had to wait a couple hours for my local moto shop to open so i could get a new master link.

while i was in there i took the time to take apart and grease the suspension linkage and swinger pivot. glad i did. everything looks awesome and i cant wait to test it out!

High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sorted!

Just the carbon hugger to go, and all finished. :thumbup:

But don''t expect miraculous handling improvements...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You found a welder then and they done that quick. You done good. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

tony.mon wrote:Sorted!

I actually noticed a HUGE handling improvment. so i dont know if that is sarcasm....
i just went out cruising today and it felt so much more planted. its like when i did my USD fork swap but for the rear. i LOVE it. the whole bike feels much more solid.

cant wait to get that hugger i ordered. hopefully it all fits up with no issues. i know ill have to do a little modifying though.

also what bikes brake hose will fit better cuz i need a little more length. stock is OK but id like it to fit a little better. right now its zip-striped to the brace.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

http://www.coremoto.com will make you a truly custom line, any length, eny bend on the banjo, any color or combo of colors, and it's made on site and quickly.. normally shipped in 1-2 business days.

I can't recommend them more highly :clap:
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

E.Marquez wrote:http://www.coremoto.com will make you a truly custom line, any length, eny bend on the banjo, any color or combo of colors, and it's made on site and quickly.. normally shipped in 1-2 business days.

What did yours cost you?
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Jscobey wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:http://www.coremoto.com will make you a truly custom line, any length, eny bend on the banjo, any color or combo of colors, and it's made on site and quickly.. normally shipped in 1-2 business days.

What did yours cost you?
Subtotal: $49.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $5.99
Grand Total: $54.99
Post event services

Total Rider
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

E.Marquez wrote:
Jscobey wrote:

What did yours cost you?
Subtotal: $49.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $5.99
Grand Total: $54.99
i actually fliped over the banjo on the rear master cylinder and everything lines up pretty damn. or at least good enough to not spend 50 bucks. eventually i will upgrade though to the steel braided lines for the rear like i have in the front.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Jscobey wrote:But don''t expect miraculous handling improvements...

I actually noticed a HUGE handling improvment. so i dont know if that is sarcasm....
i just went out cruising today and it felt so much more planted. its like when i did my USD fork swap but for the rear. i LOVE it. the whole bike feels much more solid.
Did you put new bearings or you´ve left the old ones?

I am still not sure if this mod is worth or not, but if you report big improvement, and some others as well, it seems reasonable.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Stephan wrote:
Jscobey wrote:But don''t expect miraculous handling improvements...

Did you put new bearings or you´ve left the old ones?

I am still not sure if this mod is worth or not, but if you report big improvement, and some others as well, it seems reasonable.
i thought about getting new bearings because heck while your in there you mine as well change them... but im glad i didnt because mina e looked great. very clean. rolled smoothley. no rust or pits etc....

also i think the swinger brace is a very worthy mod. one of my favorites so far. i think that combined with the USD fork swap really transform the bike. ive done more to the bike in terms of suspension, brakes, handling, etc. than i have to gain out right horsepower. good suspension and brakes beat horsepower eveery time.

IMHO if you put a swinger brace on with conventional forks it might make the bike handle worse.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Jscobey: thanks :-) I have CBR900RR forks in hand ...
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

IMHO if you put a swinger brace on with conventional forks it might make the bike handle worse.
I can say without a doubt it handles better . Not worse
Not a guess. And not my sole opinion
Post event services

Total Rider
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Jscobey wrote:
tony.mon wrote:Sorted!

cant wait to get that hugger i ordered. hopefully it all fits up with no issues. i know ill have to do a little modifying though.

also what bikes brake hose will fit better cuz i need a little more length. stock is OK but id like it to fit a little better. right now its zip-striped to the brace.
Not sarcasm on this occasion; I fitted one, did a track day, didn't feel any different.
It's still on there, though...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

tony.mon wrote:
Not sarcasm on this occasion; I fitted one, did a track day, didn't feel any different.
It's still on there, though...
Obviously your not riding it hard enough :wink: but seriously it makes a big difference. Gives confidence in the rear end. It's odd that u say you couldn't feel a difference. What group do you ride in at track days? I ask because at a slower pace the brace won't affect things all that much IMO
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

My experience with the brace is 100% positive.

I have modded forks with a brace and whilst I know that they are not as good as USD's the forks and brace work well,until it comes to hard braking and the front still flexes!

Why? Because the braced swinger plants the bike so much better and allows more speed in every situation.

Here in Oz we regularly see speeds in excess of 2 and that is where the difference is amplified and appreciated.

I can't imagine my bike without the braced swinger and would recommend this as the next best thing to do besides the lightened flywheel.

I can now relax at high speed where as before it was always hard to enjoy this bike at full noise because the butt end was so unforgiving, unpredictable and gave very little feed back except for flexing and feeling generally shithouse.

Corner speed is where it's at and this mod facilitates a dramatic improvement and allows you to utilise that fabulous torque without fearing loss of traction and drive.

Just my two bobs worth on this worthy mod. :thumbup: :thumbup:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia