tiscali is shite!

General Biker Banter
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

:roll: thanks Kaz,thought it was my computer,used to be fast,last few weeks just seems to be getting slower all the time,really crap in the evenings,doing my head in now!!
Wow! bet that can shift
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

I believe it is called the contention ratio, theres only so much bandwidth or summat ? And the more people you get slows it all down.
They never offer this information, you have to ask. i thought they were pretty similar, obviously not !
logan7

Post by logan7 »

my nildram is running fast as feck at any time of day :twisted: only slower on torrent site at tea time, but talking a few secs for a page to load not 2 mins :!: i moved from wannadont . nildram is fastter and cheaper :lol:
The force is strong in this one
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

i moved from aol to plusnet a few weeks back and wish i never. my own stupid fault though for not reading the small print. i got capped within a week for downloading to much. just put in a migration order for freedom 2 surf
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

Totally agree about tiscali. Last few weeks have been a nightmare, can't eben get online sometimes and then lose the connection randomly from time to time. Never had this problem with Ntl, sheme they don't serve my area
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

:cry: been on to tiscali customer services today,they say they have no faults with the broadband service,and at peak times you can expect a slight reduction in bandwidth[speed]
Wow! bet that can shift
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

All you guys with Tiscali broadband, what firewall are you using :?:

Chris.
logan7

Post by logan7 »

The force is strong in this one
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Uh Oh !!!!!!!!!!! 8O
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

windows xp,s own firewall,been great up til last few weeks,why you ask chris,have tried without firewall,but still crap :cry:
Wow! bet that can shift
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Ians98VTR wrote:windows xp,s own firewall,been great up til last few weeks,why you ask chris,have tried without firewall,but still crap :cry:
I wondered after talking to a mate today who had experienced the same problems as you guys and it was due to incompatibility problems between Tiscali and his firewall, but if you've already tried it with the firewall turned off then as you said it can't be that.

Chris.
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

cheers chris,tried most things,and settings now,even reset wireless router,but still no better,sure tiscali must have problem. :roll:
Wow! bet that can shift
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

OK Ian, I hope you can get it sorted very soon,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Ians98VTR wrote:cheers chris,tried most things,and settings now,even reset wireless router,but still no better,sure tiscali must have problem. :roll:
You don't think you may have picked up some kind of virus or spyware :?: which is slowing down your computer,

Chris.

Adding to the above. I take it you do run regular anti-virus checks. Also disk clean and disk defrag :?:
Ians98VTR

Post by Ians98VTR »

:lol: well chris,been thinking along them lines,til spotted thread from kaz,but tonight it seems fine again,really quite fast,even for peak time as it is now,be interesting to hear if kaz has got same improvement :wink:
Wow! bet that can shift