Help overheating

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
poss

Help overheating

Post by poss »

I need help, not just mentally but with my VTR too. Long story short CCT busty on front cylinder, bent two valves, bought another head from Ebay, put the bike back together and now its overheating. The temp gauge rises normally but the right hand (filler side) radiator is getting stupidly hot and steam is coming off it. I've checked the themostat and drained and replaced the coolent and its still doing it.

Any ideas? please help before i go truly insane.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Perhaps you have a air lock in said radiator :?:

Chris.
poss

Post by poss »

Well overheating problem is partially sorted, its still getting hot but not to the degree that it was. i've got to replace the exhaust gaskets as they seem to be blowing and yet another problem has reared its head, the recitfier seems to be getting bloody hot, i dont recall it getting hot but then again ive never checked it before. Do the recetifiers on VTR run hot or is this a sign of its demise?

Any help is gratefully received
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

poss wrote:Well overheating problem is partially sorted, its still getting hot but not to the degree that it was. i've got to replace the exhaust gaskets as they seem to be blowing and yet another problem has reared its head, the recitfier seems to be getting bloody hot, i dont recall it getting hot but then again ive never checked it before. Do the recetifiers on VTR run hot or is this a sign of its demise?

Any help is gratefully received
Yes they do run hot, that's why replacement ones now have cooling fin's on them :!:

Chris.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

have you checked all the connections between the pipes? a small nick and it can suck in air!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Anonymous

overheating

Post by Anonymous »

you will get steam when rads get hot if there condensation or moisture on them. are you sure that all the water channels in the head were clear b4 you put it on