Watty

Re: Another bike, another forum!

Post by Watty »

Welcome aboard mate :thumbup: , nowt more to add to what's already been said :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
IanPowell

Post by IanPowell »

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. Overwhelming push on changing the ccts, I'll do it. I've looked into the mod but have a fear of screwing up the timing etc, in attemting this myself. I have a good local bike shop who may be able to fit them for me... Don't think I'll have a problem doing the mod (on some new ones so I don't have to remove them from the bike first :wink: ).

Yes... The 'Teapot'... I liked the bike, in black I thought it looked quite good (at some angles)... But I've always had strange taste!

Cheers all.
Ian
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy

Were are you based?

Get it up on your profile and we can see if someone local to you can help

Saves you paying the garage
IanPowell

Post by IanPowell »

Hi, im based in Abergavenny. Thanks for the kind offers. With 5 owners and such a widely known issue I wouldn't be supprised if the bike has already been modded. I'll get one of them out at the weekend to take a look. Will update my profile later.

do any of you arange any days around the brecon beacons, for example? Im a solo rider mostly (youre banned from riding Gsxfs in view of others aparently! :) and would like to get involed in some organised rides now I have a bike to be proud of!

Cheers all.
Virt

Post by Virt »

There's normally a Wales rideout in September and we went through the Brecon Beacons last year (possibly the years before too, I wasn't there :lol: ).

But you can always post in the rideouts section and organise one yourself, there are quite a few members in Wales :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum buddy... :wave:
as the others have said, sort out the cct's for piece of mind, unfortunately doing 2 to 3k a year could make the issue worse, I've noticed an increase in cct failures in spring when most bikes have been sat idle for 4/5mths they don't seem to like prolonged bouts of not being used.
there are some that say we are scaremongering people and standard cct's are fine if changed every 10 t0 15k, but why take the chance, theres always a vtr on ebay with cct failure.
vtr's are great bikes for making them your own, have fun with it, and have a good read thru the forum, theres an answer for every question.
great to have you onboard, oh and if you contact another biker babe, theres a little get together in wales on july 19th iirc
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Welcome along dude :wave:

Just so I don't feel left out...

Cct's! :lol: :thumbup: :crazy: :clap:
Jamie :wave:
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

so, how does this forum compare?

My bet is that it's a ripper !
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"