Bluetooth headsets, recommendations?

General Biker Banter
Bananaman

Bluetooth headsets, recommendations?

Post by Bananaman »

Hi guys, been looking at getting a bluetooth headset that'll fit in my helmet, has anyone got one or used one and what if any would you recommend? :thumbup:
Bearing in mind that cost is a big consideration! :( cheers
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
Jamoi

Re: Bluetooth headsets, recommendations?

Post by Jamoi »

Banaaaaanamaaan!

I could have shown you my headset thingy on sat, I really rate them, you can connect to satnav, phone, mp3, other riders with headsets.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 12&alt=web

Easy to use, battery lasts a long day in the saddle & best of all cheaper than a round of :beer:
Jamie :wave:
ging500

Post by ging500 »

Jamoi wrote:Banaaaaanamaaan!

I could have shown you my headset thingy on sat, I really rate them, you can connect to satnav, phone, mp3, other riders with headsets.

Easy to use, battery lasts a long day in the saddle & best of all cheaper than a round of :beer:
It does depend upon how many friends you have!!
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

Ah ha! That's the one I've been looking at but wanted to get some feedback on sound quality n comfort type thing :biggrin
What do you reckon to that one?
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

ging500 wrote:

It does depend upon how many friends you have!!
Oooooo meow!!!! :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Ging is on a roll tonight :lol: you're only a 15min ride away y'know! :Ball Kick:

Bman, the sound is great, just like any other standard headphones but as is the case with all these intercoms, wind noise on your lid will prevent you hearing anything over 70mph.

My Arai was a quieter helmet in general but there was no recess for the headphone pads so was a little uncomfortable.

My Shoei is slightly noisier in the wind, but has deep ear recesses which means I don't even know the headphones are in there.

I have a spare I could send you to try out, but no charger for it! So it will be a one day trial and send it back :lol:
Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that is a good price, especiually if it can do bike to bike!

Mine only has a range of about 20m, so the mrs can talk dirty to me when I am in the petrol station trying to pay :lol:

and it wont do music or phone satnav commands via bluetooth, only phone calls, but I think that is an i-phone specific issue.

as for sound quality, the noise cancelling system on teh microphone is amazing, people on the phone dont realise I am on the bike doing 70 with race cans they think I am kidding.
the speakers work through earplugs and I can still hear up to about 80, but you need to get then as close to your ear as comfortable, so on my old Shoei I needed to space them as the ear cavity was so big, but on the current helmet they are bang on.
AMcQ
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

Thanks for the offer mate, but I wouldn't inflict my crusty lug'oles on anyone I'd call a mate ! :sick:
Think I'll get one of them mate, like you say, cheaper than a round :thumbup:
And if anyone is interested ill report back on fit n comfort as I've just ordered a new lid, shark s900c :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I was listening to music via my iPhone on the to and from jamies, mainly because its boring motorway riding.
i'm considering getting one these, for that price its worth a punt, not sure I want to hear other riders tho, god I hate to think what carl would be saying or singing whilst he rides.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

I had a caberg syntesi helmet I think the name was that which had a Bluetooth headset was very good at normal speed but I never really likes the idea of a flip front was handy when me and mrs went away though so we could chat on our tours around.
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)