Correcting Speedo mileage

General Bike chat
cliveyandrews

Correcting Speedo mileage

Post by cliveyandrews »

Is it possible to adjust the mileage? Mine had 26,000 Kms when I bought it. I replaced the clocks with a UK set (and lost the KMs set during a house move). I'd like to get the mileage back to miles equivalent and correct - as the UK one I have has 38,000 miles, far too high.

Any thoughts?
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

lloydie

Re: Correcting Speedo mileage

Post by lloydie »

Keep an eye on eBay .
I picked up a set of clocks that the milage was with in 50 miles of the bike but I may have got lucky .
I think you can reset them Benny knew where :-(
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

there are places you can send them to, to be reset, do a google search and you'll find them, the sillt thing is the mot's will show the higher km's but in miles, so a 50.000km bikes last mot will say 50.000miles, as the tester doesn't always realise its an import. it'll mean your online previous mot/mileage history will look sketchy, it's the same for my next build, the frame i'm using is showing 28.000km on the clocks and 28.000 miles on the paperwork, and then i'm putting a 16.000mile engine in it, so it will probably scare of a buyer in the future.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

I made sure I documented as best I could. Photos of old & new side by side...

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Don't give two hoots about mileage. Condition is everything!

Would you rather a 7k miles bike where all the rubber seals are going to break the first time you ride it in anger, or a 40k bike which is running sweet as a nut, FSH, no smoke, starts on the button and pulls well?

Stick the new one on and forget about it!
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:there are places you can send them to, to be reset, do a google search and you'll find them, the sillt thing is the mot's will show the higher km's but in miles, so a 50.000km bikes last mot will say 50.000miles, as the tester doesn't always realise its an import. it'll mean your online previous mot/mileage history will look sketchy, it's the same for my next build, the frame i'm using is showing 28.000km on the clocks and 28.000 miles on the paperwork, and then i'm putting a 16.000mile engine in it, so it will probably scare of a buyer in the future.... :(
if it does can i have you exhaust system please. :lol: I can give you one that isn't quite as shiny, but it you can't sell the bike ! what the hell :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's funny to look at the mileage logs on the MOT, mine go up and down dramatically, as I have had several sets of clocks on, KPH and MPH.
The time before last was 87K, this time, 35.
I just said I wheel it backwards up the drive each night into the garage, and wheelie everywhere else.

(yes, i know it isn't driven at the front wheel.....)
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.