what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

hahahahaha carl post a picture of your rear tyre, it makes seb's rear tyre look like new.......... :lol:
great picture of the bikes and your dad seb.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

What's Carlos on, you lot down south just use roundabouts to nail your tyres I've seen Jamie videos lol. 180 55 is a lot easier to crank to the edge than a 190 50, looking to get a 190 55 on Friday

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:That tyre looks OK to me. I don't even have a line or sips down the middle any more. :lol: Good to hear your getting to grips with stripping the fairings off. Practise makes perfect ay.

(:-})
Problem is the way it's sort of distorted it's self hard to explain but there are ridges sticking up higher than others, rear started doing it ages ago and recently the front has done it, I run 36 front 42 at the rear wondering if it's overheated the tire when it's got hot, might keep them a bit lower in future

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wet n dried frame, swingarm, forks lowers, and subframe ready for another coat of paint. I've had to come in for a little while to let the midday Sun pass. It's too hot to paint now and don't think the paint will like direct sunlight either.

==============================Enter the Darkside
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Replaced vacuum lines & put an auxiliary socket and USB power on the storm yesterday - and ran a headphone line under the tank so I can plug under the seat and have no wires flapping around. Good job done even though I say so myself!

=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Virt

Post by Virt »

Re-fitted my chavvy blue sidelight after my last one broke and replaced oil and filter, old stuff was darker than Carlos' VTR so it was probably due. Took it out for a 20 mile shakedown to test nothing was leaking and the gearbox just felt so slick again.

Also joined in the ride to the Rugby bike festival this morning, so I rode it like an OAP. Because apparently when people are watching you ride a bike you have to spent all of 20 minutes to cover 3 miles... Then again, the parade was led by a cruiser! (And the briefing said we weren't allowed to overtake each other, boo hoo!). Lots of nice bikes, it's just a shame no other Firestorms were there (although there was an absolutely rock-throbbing SP!). Gazfirestormowner let us down even further and turned up, but not on the bike! booooo!! :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Pushed it two miles to a petrol station .
Red light came on at 96 miles and it ran out at 102 but still had 4.5L in there but without fuel pressure it wouldn't flo to the carbs :-)
Refitting the 16l tank tomorrow
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think you need to keep you eye out for a later model spigot and pectock Lloyd. Not much fun pushing a bike to the fuel stn.

Got the second coat of Black satin over everything. I even gave the shock spring a quick once over and the cam covers. Looking good so far, brush marks are not too bad but I shall have to wait and see how it dries up. I have some G3 finishing compound somewhere so I may get away with a light rub down with some 1200 grade and that. Not sure yet, maybe tomorrow I shall give a it al a light rub down and go over it with a pissy wash of paint first.

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:I think you need to keep you eye out for a later model spigot and pectock Lloyd. Not much fun pushing a bike to the fuel stn.

Got the second coat of Black satin over everything. I even gave the shock spring a quick once over and the cam covers. Looking good so far, brush marks are not too bad but I shall have to wait and see how it dries up. I have some G3 finishing compound somewhere so I may get away with a light rub down with some 1200 grade and that. Not sure yet, maybe tomorrow I shall give a it al a light rub down and go over it with a pissy wash of paint first.

Never seen one come up for sale :-(

I used to love all the prep and paint (was my trade) but can't stand it now as it's so much easier to get it done by someone else :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it to Lydden Hill to watch Popkat do his thang !

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:Pushed it two miles to a petrol station .
Red light came on at 96 miles and it ran out at 102 but still had 4.5L in there but without fuel pressure it wouldn't flo to the carbs :-)
Refitting the 16l tank tomorrow
Oops, that was a hot day for pushing! Should have called me and I would have nipped out with less van and a can of fuel.

Thanks for the loan of the £10, and that was a nice spirited ride today :D Strange to pick up a stalker like that, do you think he would have followed us to your house in the end :lol:
AMcQ
lloydie

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

It took me a while to get out my leathers !!.
I was 40 odd miles away and didn't want to take you away from the racing .
I needed the exercise :lol:
No probs couldn't let you go hungry
But I was in shock when you found your wallet and you opened it !!
Your letting your Scottishness down :lol:
And thanks for dropping the belly pan off :thumbup:

And sorry you couldn't keep up as ck was slowing you down , next time we'll stick him at the back :-)

Least you made a friend but creepy him tagging along for 30 miles tho (must of been the yellow )!!!
:Lol:
How did he do in the racing after we left
One of the races today
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Watched the MotoGP waited for the roads to quiet down a bit, went for a ride at 4pm, twas good :thumbup:

Got the tire down a little more too, cant wait to get paid on Friday and get some new rubber

Going to spend the best part or a week now worrying what tires i should be getting
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

seb421 wrote:Watched the MotoGP waited for the roads to quiet down a bit, went for a ride at 4pm, twas good :thumbup:

Got the tire down a little more too, cant wait to get paid on Friday and get some new rubber

Going to spend the best part or a week now worrying what tires i should be getting
New ones :-)
This time of year something sporty I'd go for unless your doing sill miles .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Just got back from Lyme Regis and surrounding areas, bloody narrow roads and the locals drive like Loonys, The bike went great and just topped over the 10,000 miles now!!! Stayed in someones Garden in a Log cabin, weather was soooo hot.Off to yorkshire tomorrow to look at a big engine!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!