12th May - Cadwell Park

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

12th May - Cadwell Park

Post by Miztaziggy »

It's that time of year again :D :D :D

I am going to book a day at Cadwell for the 12th May at some point in the next week.

So far it's just me and my brother. Thought I would post up here to see if there's anyone else up for it?

Cost is £99 for the full day.

If you haven't already done Cadwell, then get yourself booked in because it's awesome :D
Steve6088

Re: 12th May - Cadwell Park

Post by Steve6088 »

I'll see if I can get the time off tomorrow. will get it booked if I can :D
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Steve6088 wrote:I'll see if I can get the time off tomorrow. will get it booked if I can :D
Great!!

You got your leathers sorted for this time? :D :D
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Which group will you be in?
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

StuartWags wrote:Which group will you be in?
Probably book inters or novice but don't know if either will be full yet.

Are you planning on being there?
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Miztaziggy wrote:

I will need to see if i can get cash together. May need to sell a few bits

Did my first on March 22nd at Cadwell
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

StuartWags wrote:
Miztaziggy wrote:

I will need to see if i can get cash together. May need to sell a few bits

Did my first on March 22nd at Cadwell
Ok well hope to see you there in May.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I booked this today.

The inter group was full so by brother and I are in the novice group.

Anyone else up for it?
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I wish :(
Jamie :wave:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Just got back in from Cadwell.

Weather forecast was pretty dire, giving pretty high chance of thunderstorms and rain.

We camped over on Sunday night there, and it pissed it down at about 6 am but stopped by 7. By the time we got on track at half past 9 it was dry. Shame I had already switched my wheels to the wets, in a rush, thinking it would be wet. Well, actually, the bit from the old hairpin and round park was quite wet still and there were damp patches off line round the track.

I had no confidence in the wet tyres at first, but after the second session found them really, really grippy, even in the wet sections. By the end of the second session is was almost dry and quite warm, the back tyre (Battlax racing wet) was starting to chew up on the edges and much worse down the middle with the acceleration, so I switched the back wheel over. I had a BT016 on there which was brand new. That felt awful at first scrubbing it in, but was good after that. I left the wet on the front as it wasn't getting chewed up too much and I had a lot of confidence in it even on the hairpin which was still wet under the trees. I didn't dare switch the front over as that too was a brand new BT016 and I didn't fancy scrubbing that in with 2 damp corners on the track.

After lunch it really pissed it down, stopping just before the sessions resumed. The track was still wet through though, so we gave the 5th session a miss. It had dried a bit by the 6th session so we went out, but it was damp all the way round the track. I found it OK, the grip was there, but it just wasn't fun. Just didn't have the confidence to ride fast so I came off about 10 minutes into the session.

Last session was mostly dry again but again I came off after a few laps, just wasn't confident with the wet patches and just wasn't enjoying it.

All in all, a mixed bag. Excellent fun in the dry again, but not so much in the afternoon with the wet.

After lunch, when it pissed it down, about half of the fast group and probably half of the inters packed up and went home. By the last session, there were only 3 in the fast group and only 5 or 6 in our group. Seems everyone there wasn't having fun in the wet....
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

What a shame the rain spoilt your Cadwell day Miztaziggy. Here's hoping you get better luck on your other track days this year.

Are you still going to Donnington in June? I've booked up to go on the 9th. Also booked a 1:1 trainer for the day. (If I go out there on my own I'd set my neck!!)

Fingers crossed for better weather then :)
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

GreenEyedGecko wrote: Are you still going to Donnington in June? I've booked up to go on the 9th. Also booked a 1:1 trainer for the day. (If I go out there on my own I'd set my neck!!)
Would love to, but Sarah would kill me if I booked it, she's due to pop on the 17th.

I was going to book Oulton for July the 15th and then likely Donington for the end of July.

Will you be doing other days?
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Miztaziggy wrote:

Would love to, but Sarah would kill me if I booked it, she's due to pop on the 17th.

I was going to book Oulton for July the 15th and then likely Donington for the end of July.

You gunna be a dad next month? Congratulations!!

Yes, I will be doing another couple of other days this year - at Donnington. Figured once I understand the lines and correct gear choice for that one track, then I can work on technique. So after payday I'll book up 29/7 and 28/8.

Hope bambino doesn't keep you grounded for too long :D
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

GreenEyedGecko wrote:
Miztaziggy wrote:

You gunna be a dad next month? Congratulations!!

Yes, I will be doing another couple of other days this year - at Donnington. Figured once I understand the lines and correct gear choice for that one track, then I can work on technique. So after payday I'll book up 29/7 and 28/8.

Hope bambino doesn't keep you grounded for too long :D

Good stuff well I will try and book a day at Donington to coincide with you being there.

The baby's not going to keep me away this summer :)