what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Major clean of the Wonky Donkey.

Sold the VFR...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

kenmoore wrote:Do you want to sell your pipes?

I reckon they would look better on a red one!!!
er no!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
if you want to see what your bike would look like with this exhaust, here you go..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Decided to fit the quills this morning so I removed the viper link pipes and too them and the quills down to mr tyres to have the link pipes flared 2mm.
Ask the manager if they could flare the link pipe to fit the can and he said yes be £15 ,
So off he went ,half hour later he brings them back and then I spat my dummy out as not only did the guy over flare the links he flared the can to make it fit the link pipe ( not what I asked ) and the can is fecked now and both the link pipes .
I told them to fix it and he said they can't but the other place in Leicester could so they sent me there at my cost !.
Got to the other shop and they said they can't help .
So back to cov and formal complaint made and left them with the cost to replace
1 quill can £522
Viper link pipes £98
Waiting to hear from the area manager Monday .

So there's me without exhausts on me bike on a fine day like this :-(
And I wasn't having that so fitted the moriwaki headers and viper cans .
Out for a ride to Basbloke house to help him swap a swing arm and oh my god the boost this system gave blow me away and feels like a 15bhp boost mid to top end and to be honest sacred to crap out of me as it pull much harder :-)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've just finished, like a plonker I decided to work on the bike all day rather than ride in this glorious weather.....doh!!!!
I was on a mission today, I had to take the whole exhaust system off again, to make the rear header fit correctly.... :roll:
there's 9 bloody springs on this system and one is in a very awkward place... :x
whilst I was there, I also removed the rear wheel, degreased it, then washed it, then used touched in a few marks to the paint, then t-cut and polished it.
once that was finished, I fitted an Armstrong wavy disc and ti bolts.... :thumbup:
I also cleaned the chain and rear sprocket and holder. fitted it all back together.
fired it up, and apart from the rear header blowing slightly, it's all good, I will have a go at tightening the rear nuts a little more, always scary as hell doing that.... :eek2
overall i'm please with myself, for a change I didn't break anything, or draw blood, or scratch any paint work, so a successful day.. :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:I've just finished, like a plonker I decided to work on the bike all day rather than ride in this glorious weather.....doh!!!!
I was on a mission today, I had to take the whole exhaust system off again, to make the rear header fit correctly.... :roll:
there's 9 bloody springs on this system and one is in a very awkward place... :x
whilst I was there, I also removed the rear wheel, degreased it, then washed it, then used touched in a few marks to the paint, then t-cut and polished it.
once that was finished, I fitted an Armstrong wavy disc and ti bolts.... :thumbup:
I also cleaned the chain and rear sprocket and holder. fitted it all back together.
fired it up, and apart from the rear header blowing slightly, it's all good, I will have a go at tightening the rear nuts a little more, always scary as hell doing that.... :eek2
overall i'm please with myself, for a change I didn't break anything, or draw blood, or scratch any paint work, so a successful day.. :thumbup:
Dude your spanner monkey is going to be out of a job at this rate :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Watty wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:I've just finished, like a plonker I decided to work on the bike all day rather than ride in this glorious weather.....doh!!!!
Dude your spanner monkey is going to be out of a job at this rate :lol:
No he will be working over time putting right what Marty did wrong !!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Lloydie is closer to the mark i'm afraid.... :lol:
here's a little video of my handy work.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sounds sh1t too
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Cleaned it and took it for a ride with the owner of an 848 that I have just done the belts on and given a full service including valves and a fork service with new bushes and seals.

Also repaired a hole in the radiator and gave a full detail.

Here's a pic of my bike and the 848.

Glorious winters day, 14 degrees C and sunshine !

Now it's time for a beer! :beer: :beer: :beer:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Too much red !!! Must of been a slow day
Watty

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:Too much red !!! Must of been a slow day
My eyes are bleeding with the redness :twisted: :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

had a little ride of the pineapple express today, met up with banana man aka dave at the save the tea hut in epping forest, seemed like a normal sunday meet, I thought it would be road blocked, oh well, had a good chat with dave and a bacon sarnie.... :biggrin
there were some lovely bikes there, and some not so lovely ones as well.... :lol:
lovely bsa scrambler....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Rode to Lloyds, helped virt change his calipers for f4i ones with master cylinder. Was funny watching Virt work :lol:

Then me and Virt went for a little ride, split off and headed home. The bike got a good spanking on the way home :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Virt

Post by Virt »

Stole calipers off CK's shitty red thing, made a right fool of myself putting them on (I do this in every task I do, so bah humbug)...

Think I managed to warp my bloody discs though, after I split off from CK and headed back to Rugby the forks would start chattering whenever I applied to brakes. Still happens, but it's most noticeable over 70mph. Lever doesn't feel like it's pushing back out though, so I'm not 100% sure :/
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

How would you have warped the discs? What's it doing? May be the pads worn unevenly? Only happened after you'd peeled off?

If the lever isn't pulsing I doubt its a warped disc. Try aligning your discs and see if anything changes. My old front end did the same thing. Worth a try
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk