sebimoto, not good

Best deals in town
agentpineapple

sebimoto, not good

Post by agentpineapple »

a month ago I took the plunge and purchased a carbon fibre single seat cowl, it arrived in about two weeks from the Czech republic and cost about £67, that's the good news, here's the bad news, the quality of the item is not great, it gets worse, theres no rear mounting point, the small section to the rear that clips under the seat, also there are no holes in the two side mounting points,(no biggie to drill your own) and here's the kicker, the shape isn't correct either, it's several mm's to long and slightly to wide at the rear.
I contacted michal sembera of sebimoto and explained the problems.
the reply was as follows,
------------------------------
Sorry for late reply. We spoke about this seat today so there we have solutions:

We have only 1 mould for this seat and we are not interested to update this mould because we sell only few seat per year so we can give you this 2 options what we can do.

1. We can send you 20% of money back like discount for this product and you can take this seat.

2. Or you can send me back this seat and we can send you money back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no mention of them paying for return postage, so I looked into the cost of shipping to the Czech rep, just under £20... :eek2
do I contact sebimoto and ask them to pay the shipping costs, I need to read there website to see there returns policy..
I will post some pictures this weekend.
if I have to pay the return postage, would I be better off keeping it and breaking out the dremel to try and make it better?
hmmmmm decisions decisions!!!!!!

edit....just checked the returns policy, as I guessed, it state the buyer must pay the return shipping cost.... :x
so if I return it I effectively get £47 back, or I kept it and they refund me 20% of the £67, which is roughly £13.40, which means I have a badly fitting c/f seat cover for £53.60.... :roll:

http://www.sebimoto.com/fairing-for-mot ... seat-cover

Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Re: sebimoto, not good

Post by lloydie »

Bugger ,least you got a reply
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Dam shame that cause if it fitted it would look mint.
I was looking at a front mudguard from them, but if they can't get the cowl correct, I don't think I will bother.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

grumpyfrog wrote:Dam shame that cause if it fitted it would look mint.
I was looking at a front mudguard from them, but if they can't get the cowl correct, I don't think I will bother.
I wouldn't use them again mate, if they were in the uk and there return policy was better, it might still be worth a punt, but the return postage is a killer, I've decided to keep it and try trimming it to fit better.
not sure what to do about the missing rear mounting point, I might be able to fibreglass something in place. the main issue is that its about 5 to 10mm to long..... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'm thinking about getting there belly pan in carbon still :-/
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

TBH the piece looks pretty damn good. wouldnt mind having a little extra carbon on the bike. you really cant tell that its to long or anything. i mean ideally when you buy body work, especially costly stuff like carbon parts, you want it to fit perfectly. the reality is there are to many variable for that to happen every time. i will say that the carbon case covers i got from carbonadi are beautiful and fit like they are stock pieces.

id say take that %20 and keep the thing. from where im sitting youd never know it wasnt perfect
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's not perfect and dont look to bad, but it one of those things that would bug you if your a little anal. Shame that as they have some interesting products. Flog it on Ebay Marty.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm still waiting for the 20% discount, it's been 10 days now, I really wouldn't bother with this firm, buyer be warned!!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That's what you get as punishment for trying to cover up the wonderful Blue paint with carbon crap.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Duffy1964 wrote:That's what you get as punishment for trying to cover up the wonderful Blue paint with carbon crap.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: ....no wrap, just the real thing, i'll make it work and have it looking good, it will be tricky tho, with no rear mount, not sure how I will do it, I gave carl a slightly damaged cowl a while back, I might see if I can cut the rear mount off of it, and the attach it to the c/f cowl..... :think:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Good luck Marty, a lot of faffing about for a product that should fit with no hassle. :roll:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project