OP Storm SW Scotland mk2 Aug 8th, 9th 10th 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: OP Storm SW Scotland mk2 Aug 8th, 9th 10th 2014

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have texted most of you, but just to make sure its published for anyone who was going to turn up as a surprise....

the plan will be to pull forwards the timing on Friday [tomorrow] by 1hr.... so we meet and fill up in Settle by 12noon and go up to Hawes, grab some food and be left there by 1pm. this should keep us infront of the rain being blown up in the NW direction.

Stuart, if we are doing buttertubs we will probably take a bit longer so your meet up time after 4.30pm in Dumfries should still be ok. we will text you when we are filling up near carlisle
AMcQ
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Had a great time on the run today. Excellect roads, tight twisties over Buttertubs pass and open sweeping curves on the A6.

We raced ahead of the weather front and (mostly) had some good dry roads. Mind the suicidal sheep had a go at one point. This wooly git ran across the road, trying to head butt my rear wheel and this other one just stopped right in front of AMCQ.

But riding in a group like that was excellent. Thanks for making me so welcome. You guys are the bees knees. :D :D

Hope you get plenty of good weather over the rest of the weekend.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ride safe you lot :thumbup:
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

heading up there 6.00am tomozz :thumbup:
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:Ride safe you lot :thumbup:
+1 :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

watty did you get the thunder storms earlier?
Watty

Post by Watty »

countrymick wrote:watty did you get the thunder storms earlier?
Just torrential rain mate 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

we had the whole shebang.hopfuly dryed up for tomozz.my waterproofs are knackered.should be fun over there.then its back shock and fresher leathers.fun fun fun....
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Great to meet you today greeneyedgecko, was a good ride. Really glad you managed to avoid that sheep. Sooo close!!

We got caught in another storm near Dumfries, took me another 20 mins to put on the 1 piece rain suit, after which it stopped raining straight away, but it was dry from Dumfries onwards.

We're now in the pub getting a few ales in. Ady and Lindsay found a suitable corner...note the plaque

Campsite is spot on though and great views. Weather forecast is good for tomorrow, should be good, they really are some of the best roads in the uk.

Anyone fancies meeting up give me a call or txt on 07912 099799.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Hey guys .. just picking this up now .. are you up in ayr now or later ? .. im heading to the races this afternoon so probably not a goer .. hope the weather stays dry .. looking fine just now .. can hear plenty bikes getn ripped up the 77 the now ..
Enjoy
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

just had a great day out with the boys in scotland :D needed a good hot soak after around 450 miles today.big thanks to the lads and alisrair acting as first rate host,hope you don't get to wet tomorrow lads... enjoy :beer:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Torrential rain and winds down South. Hope you guys are all OK up there. Maybe a good day to hunt down some Haggis, neeps and tatties down the local.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Yeah, it looks like you guys might get a drop or two of rain today. Take care. You will be wanting deep baths and hot chocolate with marshmallows when you get home.
big thanks to the lads and alisrair acting as first rate host
+1 thanks. I really enjoyed riding with you and your crew. :thumbup:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Back home now what a fantastic weekend,laught till my side's hurt ,amazing roads and wonderful company ,thanks to Alistair for bringing it forward I reckon we played a blinder with the weather,Stuart Lindsay Chris Country Mick and Christine thank you so much that was a weekend I'll remember for quite a while ,see ya in Wales!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

adyf wrote:Back home now what a fantastic weekend,laught till my side's hurt ,amazing roads and wonderful company ,thanks to Alistair for bringing it forward I reckon we played a blinder with the weather,Stuart Lindsay Chris Country Mick and Christine thank you so much that was a weekend I'll remember for quite a while ,see ya in Wales!
I second that, top quality weekend.

Weather stayed dry and warm all day on Saturday for what was one of the best day's riding I have done. Big thank you to Alistair for leading us all day on a tremendous route.

Shame it was wet for the ride home today, but, all in all we were very lucky with the weather. I would rather it rain on the way home than on the day out.

Bring on next year!!