bought a ducati...

General Bike chat
Jscobey

bought a ducati...

Post by Jscobey »

a budy of mine had this 2002 ducati 900ss ie Senna edition and had to sell it really quick. i pretty much stole it. i couldnt pass up the offer.

it has an ohlins shock with remote resevior. forged mag merchesini wheels. brembo rotors, calipers, clutch and brake MC's, carbon fiber arrow exhaust.

i wasnt planning on buying a ducati but like i said the offer was WAY to good to say no. its a pretty sweet ride. air cooled. about 80 hp. dry clutch. SOHC. desmodromic valves. 2 valves per cylinder.

its not a repli racer but its really fun to ride and puts a huge smile on my face.

Note: in no way is this replacing the VTR. although i think i might turn the VTR into a dedicated track bike and use this as my daily. we shall see. i could turn around and sell this Duc for a tidy profit.

High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Redthunder

Re: bought a ducati...

Post by Redthunder »

I had a 900ss fi. Brilliant bike. You have the best colour too
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Very nice :thumbup: I'm still hankering over the m900 :-(
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It certainly looks a lovely bike :thumbup:

Chris.
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

That's a very nice bike Jscobey, but you cant let go of your storm, huh? ha ha Very understandable.

Are you planning on doing any mods to your storm before you take it on a track?
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

GreenEyedGecko wrote:That's a very nice bike Jscobey, but you cant let go of your storm, huh? ha ha Very understandable.

Are you planning on doing any mods to your storm before you take it on a track?

ill never let go of the storm. i bought the duc on a fluke. not sure if its gonna stick around or not.

if you look at my sig, the storm has some substantial mods and are already take it to the track pretty often. RC51 front end. braced swinger. ohlins shock, high comp pistons. etc.. etc.. etc..
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

How do you like the 900ss?
It's a bike I would like to get and have been looking at them for a year or two and would like to know how it compares to the VTR. You can pick them up pretty cheap in the UK, £2-3K gets a really good low mileage one.
Fantastic colour.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Troutman wrote:How do you like the 900ss?
It's a bike I would like to get and have been looking at them for a year or two and would like to know how it compares to the VTR. You can pick them up pretty cheap in the UK, £2-3K gets a really good low mileage one.
Fantastic colour.

I like it a lot. Its weird how it makes the VTR feel like an inline 4. Its a midrange monster. Pulls HARD from 4k. I know the VTR does too but not like the 900. Its only 80 HP but it feels like more. Ergos are great. Just took it on an 800 mile trip no problem. I will say that I get half off at the ducati dealership so it makes the valves adjustment stuff semi affordable. I'd never use it as a daily driver though. Its just to costly considering it needs a valves adjustment every 6K miles.

And I'm not in love with the look. I call it the ugly duckling. But overall I like it alot. Plus its got that awesome really deep Ducati sound
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Its just to costly considering it needs a valves adjustment every 6K miles.
:eek2

You just reminded me to never to buy a Ducati unless it was bought to look at. Even if one was doing the valves and servicing themselves, it's still parts cost and the time to do the work.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

But it still sound like fun to own one if you like to tinker .
If I ever find a m900 monster at the right money I'll have it
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

It may only have 80 horses but I am sure Italian horses are bigger than Japanese ones :eh:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

that is sweet looking.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
gwaynewk

Post by gwaynewk »

Nice looking bike, but does it have the soul of a VTR? 8)
If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!