What Is Your Favourite Drop?

General Biker Banter
kenmoore

What Is Your Favourite Drop?

Post by kenmoore »

Well guys, by now you have guessed that I spend a lot of time in my man cave tinkering with bikes.

It has become almost a ritual.

To accompany my many hours of tinkering I enjoy a few bevies along the way.

Nothing silly as I don't want to or can't afford to F up when playing with the bikes.

I enjoy a few Jacks and a couple of Asahi beers and was wondering what you guys drink when working on your bikes.

I know that some will say nothing, some will say some wife beater or Old Speckled Hen, but I am just curious.

Of course all things in moderation and all that stuff, but a few bevies at the end of the day and some time alone with the bikes is how I like to finish my day.

What about you? :beer: :beer: :beer:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
lloydie

Re: What Is Your Favourite Drop?

Post by lloydie »

Coffee and lots of it as some time I'm in there for 18 hours +
But after I get out it's either rum or jd
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

pear or gum.............. :lol:
coconut rum is nice, lager, red wine, it's all good.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

like Lloydie, I only drink tea / coffee / water when working in the garage, then have a beer after to celebrate / commiserate the outcome
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote:like Lloydie, I only drink tea / coffee / water when working in the garage, then have a beer after to celebrate / commiserate the outcome
Me Too.
Although, when I and the next door neighbour used to make our own home brew (in the garage cause the Mrs said it was too smelly to be in the house) I'd often pop up with a pint glass in hand. We didn't do any work on the bike though....not really sure what we did now I come to think of it :crazy:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Pete.L wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:like Lloydie, I only drink tea / coffee / water when working in the garage, then have a beer after to celebrate / commiserate the outcome
Me Too.
Although, when I and the next door neighbour used to make our own home brew (in the garage cause the Mrs said it was too smelly to be in the house) I'd often pop up with a pint glass in hand. We didn't do any work on the bike though....not really sure what we did now I come to think of it :crazy:

Pete.l
Did you wake up with a sore butt Pete? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Coffee the colour of Dark Chocolate and all the drugs I can get my hands on. Actually a bit of a smoke keeps the psychosis at bay or not. :roll:

And on a serious note when working on my bike or others it's only strong coffee and nicotine for me. I always have that extra shot in my latte at Starbucks, Costa or wherever. A lot of times when working on a bike, I get so into what I'm doing that my coffee goes cold but I still drink it. Funningly enough I have been thinking of cutting down on the caffeine recently. I worked out the other day that I'm on about 30gms of instant espresso style coffee a day.

As for alcohol I may have the odd tinnie on a hot day when working on a bike but nothing excessive or I wont get anything done, and only if it's menial work, nothing that could be dangerous if done wrong! You'd never guess it but I do most things to excess there's no limits with me :lol: very Black and White! The thing is if I have one I get the taste for it. My usual tipple is Real ale (Speckled Hen is OK) or if I'm on a deep downer and wanting to knock myself out I may hit the JD and blast out some sounds, usually something dance related when I'm like that. No not the Walz LOL a bit of Boom Boom Boom so I can feel it in my chest.

I survive on Nicotine, Caffeine and Chocolate. The three evils in my life.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

cybercarl wrote:Coffee the colour of Dark Chocolate and all the drugs I can get my hands on. Actually a bit of a smoke keeps the psychosis at bay or not. :roll:

And on a serious note when working on my bike or others it's only strong coffee and nicotine for me. I always have that extra shot in my latte at Starbucks, Costa or wherever. A lot of times when working on a bike, I get so into what I'm doing that my coffee goes cold but I still drink it. Funningly enough I have been thinking of cutting down on the caffeine recently. I worked out the other day that I'm on about 30gms of instant espresso style coffee a day.

As for alcohol I may have the odd tinnie on a hot day when working on a bike but nothing excessive or I wont get anything done, and only if it's menial work, nothing that could be dangerous if done wrong! You'd never guess it but I do most things to excess there's no limits with me :lol: very Black and White! The thing is if I have one I get the taste for it. My usual tipple is Real ale (Speckled Hen is OK) or if I'm on a deep downer and wanting to knock myself out I may hit the JD and blast out some sounds, usually something dance related when I'm like that. No not the Walz LOL a bit of Boom Boom Boom so I can feel it in my chest.

I survive on Nicotine, Caffeine and Chocolate. The three evils in my life.

Glad to hear it Carlos, you wouldn't want to get the timing 180 degrees out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What are you implying, I don't recall doing that with your bike. I do recall removing the PAIR dowels and oiling the airbox and burning oil though. :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Kev L wrote:
Pete.L wrote:
Me Too.

Pete.l
Funny you should mention that!!!!! I always blamed the burning sensation on the home brew. 8O 8O
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

coffee and smokes all the time unless petrol or brake cleaner is involved as i got so carried away once i set me cleaning tray a light full of parrifin :D
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Well I dont drink alchol but, what with the plight of my storm's cylinder head at the moment, I am thinking about taking it up. :?
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I,m so crap at working on bikes I normally take to the bottle afterwards .

:eek2
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:
Pete.L wrote:
Me Too.

Pete.l
That made me chuckle :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

a few wee becks helps the cause i find.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: