Red tail fairing

Moderator: VTRDark

Geoff S

Red tail fairing

Post by Geoff S »

Afternoon all. Does anyone have a red tail fairing lurking in a dusty corner? Doesn't need to be show standard but not too horrendous either. I have checked Ebay and only non-standard colours and broken ones are about. :?

I have finally acknowledged that I am not going to respray the bike for a while (too much work and not enough play time) so should probably do something about the front being red and the back being orange in a lazy way! :problem: A red tail will still leave me with an orange tank but hey maybe I will rob a bank and replace that too instead of pulling my finger out and respraying it!! :roll: Or maybe a tank cover until long winter nights finally make me get the spray gun out :confused

Anyway... papery pictures of the queen (or their Paypal equivalent) await :D
agentpineapple

Re: Red tail fairing

Post by agentpineapple »

there's a red tank bag plus other parts going cheap on ebay, collection only from north wales, but if you ask on the forum, someone might live local enough to collect it for you....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Firesto ... 43cec4f593
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

Thanks Marty. I will send him a mail to see if he will send it despite his post. No harm in asking nicely :D
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

Idiot question time.... Is the white section a sticker or part of the paint work?
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Geoff S wrote:
Idiot question time.... Is the white section a sticker or part of the paint work?
No Its a 50th Anniversary limited edition one, the only idiotic thing was you didn't read the listing description :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Duffy1964 wrote:
Geoff S wrote:
No Its a 50th Anniversary limited edition one, the only idiotic thing was you didn't read the listing description :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now, now, Duffster play nicely, Geoff might not know what an Anniversary Storm is.

IIRC it's painted on Geoff but it could be stickers :lol: someone with an Anni will be along at some stage to confirm one way or t'other...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Either way it will be lacquered over so not straight forward to remove. Personally I would keep them on for the extra style, but it would need the seat cowl/hump to complete the look.

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13333

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

Didn't read the description. Bad Geoff. :oops:

Got as far as the pictures showing paint falling off like a drunk bird's nail varnish and gave up :D

I shall continue the hunt!