General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: Think Bike / Think Car

Post by lloydie »

Yep me too today and it has made me more mind full of other road users
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

i ride this bit of road and i have always slowed down for that junction because it is a very busy road and idiots, whether you are in a car or on a bike will try to nip across your path.
there has always been accidents here.
yes he was going to fast for that junction,
BUT i really feel that the police are making it their point that speed was the cause and not that car drivers never see us
how many times can you say someone in a car has pulled out or pulled across and never seen you?
i even had it on my lessons( three bikes, high viz,lights on and going slow) she just did not look.
i do feel for the family,
but that car driver was not looking.
make everyone, car and bike driver/rider watch this video and on a regular basis
ging500

Post by ging500 »

There are going to be some that won't look. I saw a video once of a police biker stop traffic at a junction for a convoy. The police bike has blues on and the woman still bumped him off his bike!!

When asked why she hadn't seen him especially flashing blue lights, her only excuse was I thought they were indicators!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Nearly got wiped out last night exactly the same way, however I was doing the speed limit and so was the land rover next to me, which unfortunately for the little scroates speeding in the car and cutting in front of us would have obliterated them probably killing the teenagers inside.
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

i asked a car driver today who is on the internet quite a bit
have you watched it ?
his answer was NO
so my question is, if it was released to show car drivers as well as bikers, why not show it at the driving test
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

bazzashadow wrote: why not show it at the driving test
:thumbup:

It certainly wouldn't hurt to do so, anything that raises awareness can only be a good thing.