New member: Dave in Aberdeenshire.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
AMCQ46

Re: New member: Dave in Aberdeenshire.

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jamoi wrote:
This is my first forum venture too, be warned, it's hard to escape!
Apart from the readers mums web site you have founded :D
AMcQ
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

turbo_billy wrote: no-one has yet complimented you on your choice of a FAST RED one
Is it true that they had a little more "oomph" and "puff" than the others? Don't think I've read why. Maybe it's a lighter shade of paint that gives it a bit more welly. Arf! Arf!

But, y'know, I don't ride it for the speed (although I do have extremely silly moments). I ride it mainly for the sound it makes, and second comes the speed at which it takes off.

I swear the torque has made me arms stretch 4 inches since buying it. (Girlfriend said it's a pity I couldn't work the throttle with me Richard then...) :(

I've asked me neighbour if he could video me sweeping into a tight S bend, and blatting the VTR out again, so I can hear it from a bystanders ear. I've been told from an American car guy, that he thinks it sounds like a V8 muscle car at a certain distance before I pass his house. But, of course, I can't hear it properly, as I'm sat on it at the time.

The VTR is one of the very few bikes I've bought purely on what it sounds like when "on song" with proper cans on the back. And its probably one of the ONLY bikes (apart from the British stuff) that nearly Everyone turns to see what the hell is rumbling up the street.

Most blokes all turn their heads. Some may think "t0sser", and some may think "green eyed monster, wish I had one". Quite a large majority of women turn too I must add. Though the ones in TESCO carpark hate me, cos their little kids in the prams sh1t fresh nappies when I pass. :twisted:

I've always been strange like that for bike colours.

When buying bikes...
Triumphs (proper ones, not Hinckley jobs) had to be black and chrome.
Honda Goldwings have to be Deep Maroon/Burgundy, or plain metallic Gold.
Honda Pan-Europeans have to be ex police white, or again, black.
The Kwacker GPZ900 Ninja HAD to be the black and gold version.
ALL Ducatis have to be red. Yellow ones look weird, and you don't associate the yellow with a Duke.
oh, and Honda VTRs look best (to me) in Red, with black a very close second. :thumbup:

I would consider a yellow VTR (thought about the one in my town for a grand as a second bike). But it would have to have a lot of black bits put on to break up the "Pineapple express**" - (**Sponsored by DelMonte and the Flaviviridae Family) :lol:

But, red to me as a main paint scheme, on any make of bike is a dodgy colour. It either works, or it doesn't.

I thought Honda overdid it with the VTR firestorm in red, which is why my seat hump got treated to Satin black, and the white vinyl with black carbon trim was required at the front to balance the red out and tone it down when viewing the bike head/slight side on.

I dunno - I did contemplate polishing the tank to a mirror finish, and having a black tail piece with gold pinstriping - along with a Dunstall modified fairing with metal mudguard - just to see what could be done with it. But for now (and probably till I sell it) she'll stay red.

Toodles, and many thanks to all who have said hello/hi/hows it going/welcome and yo. :clap:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Dave :thumbup: Great taste you have in bike colour 8)

Brilliant intro. and I've enjoyed reading your follow up posts :clap: You sound like you should fit in here perfectly :)
AMCQ46 wrote: this is like our anti-social club where we find out we can be social if the circumstance is correct :lol:
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
Nickso

Post by Nickso »

Don't see many VTRs up here (There's a yellow one in the town, and it's on Gumtree at the moment for a grand
There's another yellow one in Bunff, that's my mates. You will often see my red and white one up there too. :)
TheGingerBeardMan

Nickso wrote:
There's another yellow one in Bunff, that's my mates. You will often see my red and white one up there too. :)
I'll keep ma eens peeled min! :rolleyes3: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes4: :rolleyes5:

mattster

Post by mattster »

Welcome Dave!

I've got relatives up your neck of the woods as well - Keith/Elgin and Ellon, so I usually get up on the bike at least once a year... It's a good excuse for a run over Glenshee then onto the Lecht!

Have to say, I've never seen a Storm anywhere up that area before, so i'll need to keep my eyes peeled :thumbup: :wtf:
TheGingerBeardMan

Ay-oop lad! - many thanks for the welcome!

Apparently, so I've been told so far, theres a fair few of the veetees up here. But, I've only seen one in me home town (Bumff), and a lovely silver one coming home from Alford Auto jumble at the end of September this year. (He shot past me, then stopped soon after - the chin piece of his helmet flew off, and I stopped, chatted, and then helped him look for it back up the road)

I've spent a bit of time going into Aberdeen (annoying the bike shops), and they say there's not many kicking about...and...proud to say...they said mine was one of the cleanest they've seen for the year. Mind you, it WAS a dry sunny day, and I always wash, wax and Autosol it before going anywhere like that.

Keith is about 20 ish miles from here, and Elgin is about 35.

Willie Youngs in Elgin is the usual stop off point for bits n' bobs. So, if you did happen to be up here, as said to another fellow Scot (fae Angus, although he puts Tayside), yer mair than welcome min, but bring yer ain fancy piece! :lol: The tea bags that are hanging on the line should be dried out and ready to reuse again by then. But, I'll press them under the butchers block so ye dinna ken the difference! :thumbup:

Rubber side down, n' regards.

Dave.