Popkat ''The Champ'' @ SNETTERTON. October 11th and 12th.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

Re: Popkat ''The Champ'' @ SNETTERTON. October 11th and 12th

Post by MacV2 »

Jamoi wrote:Calm down you lot! :lol:

The RC30 is obviously a nice looking bike and is surrounded by lots of history, racing pedigree, rarity etc etc.... But I believe the conversation held at Snetty over a tepid coffee was based on the RC30's value compared with a modern bike, I'd rather spend 20k on a cutting edge sportsbike and ride it all the time than an RC30 which would get ridden twice a year to a classic bike meet, cos' I haven't got them rose tinted specs of yester year's homologation bikes (when I were a lad and fought in WW1 etc) :lol:

So you can keep ya polished appreciating classic and I'll take the keys to that 1199 panigale over there please mista!

On that rose tinted note, I wonder if there will be bikes I'll look back at and think "I wish I'd bought one of those and tucked it away under a sheet" ? What do you think could be a future classic from the current crop of new bikes?
Your still a pup with no taste...& I wish I still had that Farnsly-Golightly that Kev used to dispatch on during the Somme offensive...

Any of the current range of low volume SP versions doing the rounds...Blade SP, DUC 11teen90 wotever, BMW HP4... All the factory's are still doing specials as it's a way of getting round the Production bike rules for WBSK...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

MacV2 wrote:I wish I still had that Farnsly-Golightly that Kev used to dispatch on during the Somme offensive...
:lol: was that the steam powered version or horse drawn?

Yoof of today eh! :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
popkat

Post by popkat »

Can't see anything in recent years being a classic like the RC30, they're from a golden age gone by, everything now has already been done.
Maybe the Kawasaki Ninja HP2 if it turns out as good as the hyp. Of the mainstream bikes I think the 954 blade will be the most sought after, SP1, first R1 etc but they'll take along time to worth strong money, maybe another 30 years. wish I had a crystal ball but it would only be my kids inheritance then :lol: actually wish I'd had a crystal ball in the eighties...... Hang on I did have an album called Crystal Ball, anyone remember who it was by ??.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Styx apparently unless it's the unreleased Prince album by the same name...but then it was unreleased so you wont of had that...
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote:Styx apparently unless it's the unreleased Prince album by the same name...but then it was unreleased so you wont of had that...
Google works then :lol:
I can play the title song on me guitar too.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Styx apparently unless it's the unreleased Prince album by the same name...but then it was unreleased so you wont of had that...
Google works then :lol:
I can play the title song on me guitar too.
It does indeed !

What do I win ?