what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Ckennedy

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Ckennedy »

Looks good Lloyd :thumbup: I'm wondering about doing something like that with mine when I do an upgrade to the head light
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that looks nice and neat lloydie.... :thumbup:
a mahoosive thanks to wonky wrist...aka macv2, the six toe'd master of middle grain, yesterday he fabricated a small bracket to help cure my wobbly linkpipe, thanks again dude..... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:that looks nice and neat lloydie.... :thumbup:
a mahoosive thanks to wonky wrist...aka macv2, the 6 six toe'd master of middle grain, yesterday he fabricated a small bracket to help cure my wobbly linkpipe, thanks again dude..... :thumbup:
About bloody time you said thanks publicly... :wink:

I take it, it didn't fall off on the way home then...?

You just be careful with that sharpened sponge when you take it of to paint it, I don't want to hear that you have fecked up the Acme Super Bracket.

Can I just point out to everyone reading that I do not have 6 toes ! It is a scurrilous rumour being spread by Messrs Pinaple & KevL the blue brotherhood (even tho Marty's bike is Yellow...Kev must have forgotten...) that Dwellers of Grain have extra digits & all play the banjo.

Well the local indigenous population may have & may do but I don't & I cant...Round here I'm an outsider from across the water (the Thames..)
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

We know you don't have 6 toes Mac, you actually have 10 toes (same as most people really)..

It's just a shame it's 10 on each foot :/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Also today I've been busy repairing the race fairing I got if gaz .
I started out by removing all the previous repairs to see what I was left with !
https://vimeo.com/110707388
I then rebuilt the missing bit on the right side Image
Then fixed the broken bit by the rad
I've put about 6 hours into it so far and think it's about half way there to being strong again .
Once it's strong I'll carry on sanding it down ready for paint
I'm not after a show bike finish just a reasonable finish .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:We know you don't have 6 toes Mac, you actually have 10 inches of solid meat just as I like it ..
Steady on Virt remember this is a family forum !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

If I wanted 10 inches I wouldn't hang around with Lloyd/Jamie/Al so often!

Gazfirestormowner

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

lloydie wrote:Also today I've been busy repairing the race fairing I got if gaz .
I started out by removing all the previous repairs to see what I was left with !
I've put about 6 hours into it so far and think it's about half way there to being strong again .

Bloody hell I thought they was in pretty good condition :(
Watty

Post by Watty »

MacV2 wrote:
Virt wrote:We know you don't have 6 toes Mac, you actually have 10 inches of solid meat just as I like it ..
Pmsl
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Gazfirestormowner wrote:
lloydie wrote:Also today I've been busy repairing the race fairing I got if gaz .

Bloody hell I thought they was in pretty good condition :(
It will be :thumbup: .
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote:
Well I'm 20 in less than a fortnight, and then we'll have no teenagers here.. will it stop being a family forum then? :twisted:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

lloydie wrote:Fitted the cree drls , I wired them to the side light so I can turn them on and off ,
There bright !
https://vimeo.com/109151909
https://vimeo.com/109153245
Look see
Knobby69

Post by Knobby69 »

I removed my shock today, fitted with a hyperpro spring. I am replacing it because there was little rebound damping........Found out that the adjuster was 1+1/2 turns out, so no wonder it felt lively and was throwing me out of the seat! I had tried to adjust it, but now with all the crud off I can see I was trying to turn the wrong screw!......Oh well my new shock is here now and I suppose given the spring the old shock has some value, so I can recoup a few pounds.

I had Realm Engineering make me one as they get great reviews when fitted to K series BMW's and the one on my K75s is better than the Ohlins on my GSXR(not trying to boast, just putting it in perspective) The damping adjustment screw makes a big difference between each click Even on the softest setting the movement is controlled and and so comfortable too as the wheel uses most of it's travel absorbing the bumps, not pummeling your spine.

As mine is the first, they are not available for general sale yet, but will do when mine is deemed satisfactory. This unfortunately will not be for a while as they supplied it 10mm too short, so the VTR sits proudly in the dining room(and I sometimes wonder why I am not married!!!) until they supply another.

They should be available for about £270 delivered which is a great price as they are far nicer looking than a Hagon which looks more like a mass produced car part and work as well as might be required on the road. That said a bike fitted with their shock has won the Open BEARS race series so it's on the money when the chips are down too!

I cannot see how to post a pic, but it is made from machined alloy with a black spring, understated bling!......I will keep you all posted

Nigel
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sounds interesting, there's a link to posting pictures if you search (top right on your screen).
Is the new one remote or normal adjusting, and how many adjusters?
Rebound and compression or just a combined one?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Knobby69

Post by Knobby69 »

I cannot see anything at the top right to post a pic. Perhaps it's because I am not a full member?

The shock is similar to the one on the Realm site , but with a wider spring like the HyperPro not the narrower honda VTR or the BMW shown. The pre-load is via a C spanner onto an alloy collar. I moved mine by hand on the BMW but there was more room on that bike. It is a combined compression/Rebound adjuster which will be to the front of the shock under the tank, so easily adjusted.....unlike the std shock! They got the ratios between compression and rebound spot on for the BMW and it works really well. As good as a top notch shock, well ultimately probably not, but if it works as well on the VTR as on the BMW (which is not a given as the engine characteristics could not be more different and shaft drive in the mix too) then it will fine for most given the attractive price and easily rebuildable too.