MY VTR TOTALLED as far as I can see

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: MY VTR TOTALLED as far as I can see

Post by MacV2 »

grumpyfrog wrote:Bloody hell GBM. that sucks.
i've original cans a selection of screens and rear indi's (someone might correct me but front and back are the same?).
I'm down Staffordshire this week but up yours the week after. if you want any of it just let me know and I'll bring it up, same goes if anything needs picked up off the M6.
as for the 2 that you got hold of, I'm assuming you know who they are? any chance of getting funds out of them?

:thumbup: Front right =Left rear & visa versa.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Stick a list of bits you need up, when your head clears, and lets see if we can help out. I have some bodywork in BLUE to help.
Little feckers have a wine gum and a sniff of the barmaids draws and think they can di what they like, little cnuts.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Jesus wept, thats terrible. You must have been so angry. Now you can see it in the light I hope its not as bad as you first thought.
I have a spare skidmarx bellypan in black that you can have if that would help.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the evils of booze, it can turn what looks like a decent enough person into a complete tw@, sadly these people will always exist... :(
as others have said, grab a pen and paper and make a detailed list of what's needed, this forum will pull together and do our best to help.... :thumbup:
at times this forum and it's members make me believe in mankind and all that's good in the world.......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Really sorry to hear this GBM, That is sh1t. :( :( I get drunk but I don't do things like that. Some people are wombles idiots. :thumbdown:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

What a bunch of flowers.

Unfortunately I have no spares to offer you, the only thing i really have is my archery kit.. but i very much doubt you'll find any use for that :wink:

Hope karma kicks them in the butt with steel toe caps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

Sorry to hear what happened to you and the bike. Hope you and the bike get sorted out soon. Its times like that they should allow taser covers so if any prick decides to have a play they end up on the floor instead.
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

fecking scum bags :redface :redface
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Evening chaps.

I logged in earlier just to "delete" a "few details" I maybe should not have posted on a public site. (could have landed meself in a whole heap o crap legal wise)

Didn't really go over the bike to see 100% what's what, as just didn't have it in me this morning to do it. Neighbour popped round to see it in daylight. Both of us just standing there, kinda saying nothing, shaking our heads at disbelief. I think he looked at it more than I did!

Yer right Mac, the repercussions after last night could well be a strong possibility, but I'll not go down without a proper fight. (oh, and thanks for putting up the pic)

I also can't but thank you all for the offers of tanks, indicators, levers, belly-pans etc. Funds aren't there to cover stuff at the moment, and it'd be twice as costly buying say, another tank, and then later try hunting down a red one. At the end of the day, if it holds fuel, and isn't cracked in a vital place, then it won't run any better for ferked cosmetics.

The legal bits are the indicators, and the mechanical bits are the levers. All else can be taped/cable tied or removed.

I've calmed down now, and with me dodgy ticker, had to take me Nitro spray and a couple more tablets, as things were getting tingly. I thought " oh sh1t, not another one".

Had another quick look-see before putting my few weeks old, but now ripped Oxford rainex cover, back over it. Dunno why, cos it ain't going to get better since last night.

The main damage from standing over it is the tank, the left can, the indicators (both sides), right side fairing, the levers. The mirrors can be salvaged. The screen can be buffed to take down the deep scratch (but will still be visible). Seat can be taped, and I'll have to do a little bit of work on the seat cowl.

I DO have the original cans that were taken off, wrapped up, and put in the loft - but ain't gonna put them on, for fear that the bastids will do it again - and trash another set.

I've got red paint and body filler that can do the small cracks and splits, but the fairing will need to come off, as it's hanging off the left side of the bike. (internal panel mount tab/sticky out bit is also broken away from the fairing, as well as all the bits that were attached to the metal fixing brackets.

As for persuaders, I have "other stuff" in the house, but obviously I can't go out any of it, and is only for me personally if anyone comes into the house with no invitation, or me life's at risk. To take the serious kit outside for a bike and some assholes? I know better. Christ, they'd throw away the key if I did that. Already been in prison for firearms after taking a rifle to someone that did me wrong, then when the armed plod were called out, I threatened to shoot them as well - hindsight...not a good idea. So last night it was just a "bike maintenance tool" I took out - and needed it (officer) to batter the stand straight again. ( :wink: ) Not my fault if someone got their hand in the way is it?

Gonna have a few beers tonight and mull over what my next move will be. Plod has not been round. So neighbours "didn't see a thing" last night! Amazing that folk can go blind all-of-a-sudden.

As depressed as a hedgehog on the middle lane of the M1. Down, but not out. Just going to have to get the Wings wiring seriously sorted, and use that for now. May have somewhere safe to keep the Storm, but at the moment, it's a no go.

Electronic handshakes all round.

If we ever meet up, then the first round of electric soup is on me.

Dave.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

A care package from The Republic of Grain will be dispatched tomorrow.

El Presidente.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
markbo

Post by markbo »

just logged on and read this - absolutely gutted for you, i've only had my storm 5 minutes but i know how i'd feel if it happened to me.
i've not got a lot of spares, standard exhausts, clear screen, pair of mirrors and a chain guard but you're welcome to any or all of them and i'll happily courier them up to you.
i hope that with the help of the people on this forum you can rebuild it and be proud of it again.

mark
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I read this earlier, but have now only had time to log-in.

Really gutted to hear this GBM, I can't imagine how you must have been feeling at the time, your heart rate must have been going through the roof, which would not have been good for you I see. Lucky you had a neighbour who could give you a hand.

Ideally you could do without living so close to a pub and your bikes not to be on view to the general public. I'm guessing there is no chance of changing either or both of those situations :?:

Chris.
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

Totally gutted for you mate, if you need any bits I've got a good standard seat, fuel tank (in blue!) Several sets of rear hangers, fairing mount brackets and a good set of standard cans n down pipes. Give me a shout if you want anything mate :thumbup:
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Sh1thouses mate, they're total scum! Hope you're coping, sounds like you're doing better than I would under the circumstances. Sadly no VTR bits to offer, just moral support :evil:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

felt crap to read this mate. . like virt said lets hope karma does its work :thumbup:

try not to let yourself get drawn into a war with the tossers, they aint worth it . like tony.m says it could be an upgrade opportunity.

cheers
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.