MY VTR TOTALLED as far as I can see

General Biker Banter
macdee

Re: MY VTR TOTALLED as far as I can see

Post by macdee »

thats some bad sh1t going down for you at the minute GBM
i think the thing thats annoys people like us is the fact theirs A holes out there that can do this to other peoples property and not give a toss
hope things start looking up for you soon
good luck
told you not to but oh no you knew better
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Sirch345
I'm guessing there is no chance of changing either or both of those situations?
Nope Sirch, unfortunately not anytime in the near future. :( We've never had bother with any of the other bikes before, and there's been loads of different stuff parked up - from old Brit stuff, to modern Triumphs, Chops, Harleys, FJ1200, even when the young lad that stayed next door for a while, his brother always came round on a wee SR125 thingy.

We put it down to what the coppers would class as "high Jinks", with the drink. They're pissed as farts, think it's a laugh (the whole town has the bins scattered far and wide every weekend as long as I can remember), and so, "lets push a bike over for a laugh and dance on it", has happened before with someone elses bike outside the local football ground. That was a Pan European, and broad daylight, a few folk with a drink in decided to push it over. The old boy was gutted.

Back to mine, we thought it was jealousy, the green eyed monster with having loads of different bikes parked up, or the fact that I'm out almost on a daily basics (near as) polishing the Storm and keeping her well kept.

But nope. It's down to pure drink, and lack of brain cells. I bet they never thought what the consequences would have been.

It's a small town. Full of young folk with nothing better to do than get pissed every week. And, with the pub opposite, they trail back and forth to their next watering hole like a herd of migrating Wildebeast. The pub at the top of the hill they have to pass my house to get to it, and vice versa. There's also another pub a few doors down from the Plod shop.

But, with lack of finances, it looks like I'm here for a good while yet - unless I get evicted or end up back inside. I could sell the house, but the Council wouldn't be very happy with that!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Dancing: Mr Nanaman:
I've got a good standard seat
Thanks for the reply. Tempted to book out yer seat, but again, finances won't allow anything at the moment. I still haven't made a list of what I need, or what I could properly save/restore until the funds are there for replacement parts.

As mentioned, I DO have the original OEM cans wrapped and in the loft. Shame to put them on and it may get trashed again. I'll keep my original cans off for now until I sell the bike. Hopefully by then, I'll have got me a red tank with the Firestorm logo on (as this one has - not the modern "black wing with Honda" underneath).

Indicators ARE needed, but OEM ones (or pattern type) if possible - again, I'll try and get the funds for 4 new ones.

Clutch lever and brake lever are the 2 main doodah that I need to make me bike move and stop. I dunno if the adjusters come apart and can be swapped over - I'll have a look on the Partfinder/microfiche later.

It's a bit more expensive for me buying replacement parts if they're gonna be replaced again at a later date - so PLEASE don't anyone take offence if I turn down silver/blue/yellow fuel tanks etc. I know you guys are offering to help, and yer now probably sitting there saying "well, ferk you Ginger...we are offering."

I knows you are. I again, can't say thank you enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Markbo: Mirrors are also needed, but I dunno if I can salvage the right one or not. I can fix the left one, though it will be left deeply scratched on the back. I can ride with one mirror, and the right one is the more important one, although again, it's gonna look scruffy as ****. As politely said to Mr Nanaman, you keep em your side for now, and when the funds get gathered up, I'll work the priority stuff from there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mav617
Sadly no VTR bits to offer, just moral support
That's no problem at all. Moral support is worth as much as 10 boxes of bits! :)

Thumbs up to all. :thumbup: :wave: :Beer1: :Worship1:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

lumpyv wrote:lets hope karma does its work.............like tony.m says, it could be an upgrade opportunity
Thanks for that Lumpy. Karma worked instantly for 2 of them. As for the upgrade opportunity, I laughed when I read his quote the 1st day I came to this forum!

My ideal thing to do to the Storm is to get it back to the way it was....and then sell it before something bad happens to it again.

I don't want to sell it, as it's one of the most fun bikes I've parked my ass on. It's a hoot to ride, and I'm buzzing for about 1/4 of an hour after riding it. When I stop of for something to eat (regular thing when diabetic riding this thing, cos it takes a lot out of you!), I sit at a window so I can keep an eye on it...and also watch the people that head over to it for a better look - cos it's spotlessly kept and shiny!

Well....was..... :roll:

I had the intentions of putting the Storm off the road for the winter, and bought a cheap crap Honda GL Wing for a few hundred quid - just as a hack. Yes, it's a BIG winter hack, but I wouldn't be assed dropping that. Picking it up would be a b1tch...but dropping it would be no problem.

Hell, when we went to collect the Wing, I was saying to the guy I bought it from, that the reason for buying is if the Storm gets dropped in the snow, the VTR tank and one panel would cost as much as this Wing I bought. Which show you how cheap I got the GL for. If I could only forsee 3 weeks later what would happen!

I dunno. It's a difficult call. I would like to go back to proper chops again, as that's been a big part of my life (still is). The VTR was intended to be just a toy to play with, to have for a month or so, and then punt on. But now, many moons down the road, I've become really attached to it. Not from the physical design looks, as it's an ugly bike, but the sound through the Blueflame cans accompanied by the oomph it has whilst it quickly shoves the speedo needle to 1 o clock.

Got a lotta thinking to do. And a fair bit of re-budgeting methinks.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
markbo

Post by markbo »

no funds needed - PM me your address and the mirrors will be on their way!

mark
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

same here dude, no funds required, I have levers and a set of bar ends(they'll need painting tho, as they've been taken back to bare metal) pm me if you need them dude.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Ditto for the screen and the indi's. they are somewhere in the garage gathering dust.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Watty

Post by Watty »

Just remembered mate I have a pair of front mini indis I can send you for nowt if any good, just let me know :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

markbo wrote:no funds needed - PM me your address and the mirrors will be on their way!

mark
agentpineapple wrote:same here dude, no funds required, I have levers and a set of bar ends(they'll need painting tho, as they've been taken back to bare metal) pm me if you need them dude.... :thumbup:
grumpyfrog wrote:Ditto for the screen and the indi's. they are somewhere in the garage gathering dust.
Watty wrote:Just remembered mate I have a pair of front mini indis I can send you for nowt if any good, just let me know :thumbup:
:clap: :clap:

this is what makes this forum a bit special :thumbup:
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

Yip its full of special people :crazy: 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The care package was posted today regardless of the e-mail from GBM declining due to lack of funds.

You have a set of leavers & a right hand front indi on the way to you, should be with you in a day or so.

Al's right about this forum, it is FULL of special people, some special needs granted but special nevertheless...Whenever a member has an issue or worse they will gather round & help out in one way or another.

Whatever you think GMB, WE are all gutted for you as having some dumb shite, pissed or not, damage your bike it's like having a bit of yourself damaged...WE all think it's a fecking outrage, we're pulling together to help in what ever way we can.

You don't yet qualify for a sticker to be made up, but if you play your cards right you might end up with a surplus of spares that you can then sell on for a profit... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

so sad that the scum that do things like this get away with it
why on earth don`t we increase the sentence's these scum get and then see if they do it
10yrs would do nicely, would put a lot of wan**rs of doing anything
what is wrong with this country
they say there is no room for them in the cells but increase the sentencing and see what happens
life meant life for the krays
so make these scum do more time
has the pub got CCTV?
i can`t imagine how you feel, i felt bad enough when i came off mine and done less damage but still gutted me
sorry i have no bits, had to use them on mine
gutted for you mate
don`t give up though
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

I have a set of standard cans,rearsets,and a seat and could also help with paint and plastic repair if you send them Il sort them out and send them back when done
All the best
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

gabi81 wrote:I have a set of standard cans,rearsets,and a seat and could also help with paint and plastic repair if you send them Il sort them out and send them back when done
All the best
Quality offer Gab!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Watty

Post by Watty »

This forum is like the Samaritans :thumbup: bloody awesome :clap:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bazzashadow wrote: has the pub got CCTV?
Is that CCT's for v twins?

Everyone on here is special, just like their needs.
Good on yer all for offering help, well done.

GB, let me know if you need any bits, it's often the little brackets and clips that drive the repair cost up.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.