Muslim Intergration??

General Biker Banter
Salty Dog

Muslim Intergration??

Post by Salty Dog »

Hi all, sorry its been a while since I've posted.
I come seeking a bit of insight and understanding from some ordinary UK folk.
You all seem to be a bit further down the track than we Aussie's are in regard to the imagration of people with Muslim back ground and Islam faith.

I'm not looking for racist rants, unless well founded.
But after recent events in Sydney and the months prior ..... I'm starting to wonder, is there a real problem having such an open door policy when it comes to imagration or is it just a small minority that are spoiling it for rest?

You guys have seen more than your share of political and religious based trouble from these types.

So can they integrate or does their beliefes just not allow it?

Thanks from a concerned Aussie.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
lloydie

Re: Muslim Intergration??

Post by lloydie »

All I will say is my grand parents and there parents wouldn't of gone to war knowing what has come of this country .
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Here is an interesting point of view:

Seems to me it's time that the Muslim majority help clean up the mess some of their own created.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Right where do I start?.

Firstly lets understand that there are two main sects of Islam, one is Sunni and the other is Shia, OK the is whabbi, but that isn't really anything, its a more extreme form of Islam ( If I am correct ). Sunni to the Shia is like Catholics to protestants.

Secondly, I personally dislike all religions equally, to me they are all homophobic and anti women, they are out moded forms of public control.

I am a fairly tolerant person ( some will disagree ), and I believe that Muslims have a right to a place of worship to be able to express themselves as long as it doesn't cross the line of intolerance and inciting hatred Racial or in a sectarian manor.

A lot of Muslims have tried to fit in where and when they can, however a fair number have not, I believe it is them who should take steps to integrate not us to concede our culture to appease them, however like the Brits in Spain it is very hard and takes time.

I believe that immigrants who spout racial hatred and intolerance should be deported. black, white or brown Muslims or any other.

So this brings me onto the last point, ISIS and Islamic extremism. I am guilty like most people of sometimes getting angry and blaming Muslims, however the truth of the matter is that I don't believe Muslims should apologise for the actions of a very distorted section of there religion, because most people must realise that a most of the killing is Muslims killing fellow Muslims by a long shot, a lot of Muslims are equally disgusted and saddened by what disgusts and saddens us non Muslims.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

if people come here to set up and live etc, should they not follow our beliefs! Not many C of E churches in India, pakistan, Irag, Iran, etc.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

:Beer Popcorn: hope this one dosnt kick off again :angel:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

if i went to live in iraq and asked for half of what these people ask for i would end up shot/gutted. are leaders in these islands are so afraid of offending there rights ... fuk em.... if you go to live in a different country you should live as they do, not try to impose your own laws. as the saying goes when in Rome.....
in sunny nothern ireland we dont really have the problems the mainland has with these (lets call them rag heads) ok we have a set of problems of are own :P but at least we are trying to deal with each oother thank god without killing each other. but these religeous headers from islamic groups there just seems no talking to them... so fight fire with fire and when the world complains. do what the jews do. tell people to piss of..

just my 2ps worth.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Tell you what, better hope you never need care if everyone prepared to work for min wage is repatriated.
To be honest, I can't abide people dealing with this subject as though the actions or views one person represents a whole race.

There was a case over here recently where a bloke was finally convicted of a murder that happened twenty years ago. He happened to be white, but I don't see a witch hunt posse howling for white blood......Neither do I hear calls from "moderate whites" for calm in the community.

Funny how often it happens the other way round though.

People's people, some are good, some bad, some nutters.

Seems to me that the problem is with the observer, not the subject.

I understand that feelings will be running high following an incident, but blame those individuals, not the race, creed, religion, sexuality, etc that they are considered to be part of.

After the Spaghetti House siege in London a few years back I was one of those boycotting Italian food for a week or so, but soon got over it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Storming Honda, I thank you for your answer. This is what I am trying to understand.

It is just to easy to tar them with the same brush, when logically, you know not all can be this extreme.

Plenty of Muslim countries work just fine.
I take going to the Sepang GP an example.

And Australia as a whole is based on imagration... essentially we all are here.
And we live happily beside Greek, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Dutch, etc... who have all come here to make a home in Australia.
Sure they coped some stick in the early days, but they have added to our country, opened restaurants, blended in, and have never protested angainst our way of being.

But when you see this Holy War and slaughting of school kids, plus so called honour killings...
Its hard to imagine they have a faith based in peace.

Not sure if this has been a topic here before, by the sounds of one poster, it has.

I'm just trying to broaden my understanding of these people, so hopefully we can differenciate them... instead of just calling them Muslims.

So thought I'd ask here, as it seems the UK and some countries in Europe have been experiencing this longer than we have.

Has it worked?
Have they sort to change things?
Has it been beneficial?
Last edited by Salty Dog on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Salty Dog wrote:Hi all, sorry its been a while since I've posted.
I come seeking a bit of insight and understanding from some ordinary UK folk.
You all seem to be a bit further down the track than we Aussie's are in regard to the imagration of people with Muslim back ground and Islam faith.

I'm not looking for racist rants, unless well founded.
But after recent events in Sydney and the months prior ..... I'm starting to wonder, is there a real problem having such an open door policy when it comes to imagration or is it just a small minority that are spoiling it for rest?

You guys have seen more than your share of political and religious based trouble from these types.

So can they integrate or does their beliefes just not allow it?

Thanks from a concerned Aussie.
quick answer ..

I think the nice ones (majority) can, the nutty ones cannot.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

as a whole iv no problem with colour or muslims. my best friend happens to be one. its the extreme scum bags trying to tell us how we should let them live in our own country. if you dont like how we live. then feck of back home... look at that hook handed animal, cant remember his name :redface . spewing hate in public and it took are soft gov we have ten bloody years and hundreds of thousnads of pounds to get him outa the country.. money you and me had payed in taxes...every country depends on people from all creds and colours to make it work but not the sorta people who would kill 130 school kids.... :Argue 1:
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

there are nutters in all walks of life
what i can`t get through my thick head is why do we tolerate them
take hook for an instance
why did we tolerate him for so long chanting on our streets
lock these people away (extremists,murders,peido`s,rapists and anyone who wants to destroy someone else`s life)for good and let everyone know we will not put up with it and then you will see things change

:Argue 1: my rant over
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

bazzashadow wrote:there are nutters in all walks of life
what i can`t get through my thick head is why do we tolerate them
take hook for an instance
why did we tolerate him for so long chanting on our streets
lock these people away (extremists,murders,peido`s,rapists and anyone who wants to destroy someone else`s life)for good and let everyone know we will not put up with it and then you will see things change

:Argue 1: my rant over
we tolerate them because we have fecking tree hugging do gooders in this life who are concerned about there human rights.... when you kill somebody you should kiss your human rights goodbye....what was it in the bible. eye for an eye... (not a book iv read by the way) but i respect those who have and ask the same back...
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

mik_str wrote:Here is an interesting point of view:
It is an interesting video, pity she omitted to mention the amount of peaceful American compared to those that invade other countries...perhaps causing the retaliation in the first place.
budd

Post by budd »

It’s very unlikely that Muslims will ever fully integrate into western society or indeed US or Aussie society (which are essentially the same thing), the culture is just to different, they don’t drink, the way they dress, their attitudes to women, sexuality, etc are old fashioned to the point they are medieval. This is evidenced by recent events in Rotherham with Asian men praying on venerable white girls, I was listening to some interviews on radio 5 and it became apparent that many Muslin males do not understand the concept of consent so deep rooted are their views on western women.
The fact is because this was Asian men and white girls the authorities looked the other way, , council, Police, social workers were so frightened to of been accused of racism they turned a blind eye and I don’t believe for a minute nobody in a position of power knew what was going on from an early stage. Imagine for a moment it had been white men praying specifically on Asian girlsor indeed girls from any minority, the perpetrators would have been branded racist thugs and rounded up in double quick time and given sentences a mass murderer would consider severe. I’d be extremely surprised if this type of thing is still going on up and down the country the offenders still appear to be able to act with relative impunity.
Another problem is that because our society is extremely tolerant we tend to adapt, change, dilute our own culture, values, in order not to offend minority beliefs, stupid things like banning Union / Gorge cross flags, insisting on 20 languages on literature in hospitals, government buildings etc don’t help integration and will ultimately mean the country loses its identity, in certain areas it’s difficult to believe this is supposed to be a Christian country. The last time I was in London I felt like an outsider, and it’s not just the UK I was recently in Frankfurt and I don’t think I saw one native German, lots of Turks, Albanians, Romas (or whatever they are calling Gypsies this week) but very few actual Germans (old Adolf will be spinning in his grave).

With regard to the original posters (and I guess Australia’s) fears concerning extremism I think they are absolutely right to be afraid, the UK have been traveling this road longer than most, with large Muslin communities is every part of the country, the fact we still face a substantial threat from radicals home and abroad suggests this particular social experiment isn’t going quite to plan.
Our only saving grace is the work of our security services who (despite what you may read to the contrary) do a sterling job inkeeping tabs on potencial culprits, foiling terrorist plots and generally keeping us safe, but it’s only a matter of time before some extremist nutter succeeds and with have another Lee Rigby or worse (Taliban school attack in Pakistan anyone??).
It will take time for the Aussie security services to get up to speed in dealing with these terrorist cells which means they will remain at risk , the sad fact is our continued safety will depend more and more on effectiveness of the various counter terrorism agencies operating both at home and abroad. But with the growth of ISIS and the Taliban continuing to further the extremist agenda the job of pretecting us will be become ever more difficult.

It's a scary time indeed and I fear it will not be getting better anytime soon.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .