Lloydie's track vtr (miss piggy)

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Stephan

Re: Lloydie's track vtr (miss piggy) stopped

Post by Stephan »

Not sure it is very wise, but it has at least two benefits. You can do one vtr as good as it could be, and if you turn it into scrap on track, going for rsv will be much easier. I do the same, and am 100% sure I won't sell the bike. But on street there is no point to have another bike, vtr is perfect.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Tough decision lloydie, but it must have been scary to come that close to selling. You need to get your mojo back?
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

be nice to have my mojo back it really would . i will keep enough parts to rebuild it at least once and if i scrap it again i will just have to drag the xr600r supermoto out of storage and use that till i save up for a rsvr .
as ive said in other threads i have no interest what so ever in road riding anymore tho i will still do the odd opp storm every year . the track is where i want to be and mybe in time that will change but i have to follow the urge where ever it leads.
as kermit is very much what i wanted piggy to be it made sense to give kermit the extra power of all the goodies itll just be the case of swapping over the bodywork and wheels then itll be ready for road or track .
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

sorry to see you let this go, but a man's got to do what a man's got to do...... :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Lloydie. Just do what makes ya happy Matey. You are young enough to do what you like and still enjoy it. You have a great bike at the moment.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
macdee

Post by macdee »

this sort of thing happens loydie
step away form it and return when it suits :thumbup:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Watty

Post by Watty »

Good luck with whatever you do mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

With the new road tax arrangements, and monthly insurance you can put a bike on the road for a month or two and then keep it for track days the rest of the time much easier now than you used to be able to,

It'll be good to see a quick one or two on some of the summer runs and weekends.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
popkat

Post by popkat »

When I did a couple of race meetings on my first firestorm I swapped to race bodywork for the weekend, the 2nd meeting I rode to lydden, I put a motocross back light on the race seat unit just to be seen, for track days I just rode it with the standard bodywork on.

Make Kermit right and it'll be a load of fun on road and track, keep riding on the road mate it helps sharpen your skills for the track.

Get yourself a sigma slipper clutch and you'll fly :wink:

stick to circuits that suit the bike, which is most of them, it'll hold it's own at Lydden, Brands, Donington, pembrey.. you'll get blitzed at Cadwell, sliverstone and snetterton by the faster bikes.. a lot of fun on track is mixing it with bikes that people think you shouldn't be able to..
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

be nice to have my mojo back it really would
It's a learning curve matey. It's how life swings sometimes. It a hard decision to make, but only you know what's right for you at this moment in time, so go with the flow. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Gnarly

Post by Gnarly »

FAO Lloydie, I cant post in the for sale section but PM me if you still want to sell the blade yokes, cheers
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Gnarly wrote:FAO Lloydie, I cant post in the for sale section but PM me if you still want to sell the blade yokes, cheers
Pm sent
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Wait till the sun is out Lloydie, it will start you interest I'm sure fella :thumbup:

Really pleased you held on to Kermit, that is one very nice Storm mate :clap: :clap: :clap:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

About 4ish years ago I got the track bug & bought a (too nice to track) 2000 CBR600fy & started surfing EBay for goodies.

Similar to what you are/where doing, making it into the right tool for the job :D

I ended up spending more on goodies than I paid for the bike, full Arrow system, Gilles rearsets, Stack clocks, Harris Fairing subframes front & rear, loads of Afam sprockets, 3-4 sets of wheels with Pfm discs, tyres, sorting the suspension & many more :redface

Then, just when I was ready to convert her to a full on top class "pre injection" track machine with all the fab sourced bits, I hit the WALL.

Zero interest, Zilch. I threw a couple of blankets over her in the shed & that's where it still sits, 3 years ago, surrounded by EBay bling hanging from the roof.

I still look for track/race bits & bid on them if they're cheap or rare, but apart from that, I have lost all interest in the project :oops:

I think I overdosed on the project to be honest.

I know I will get my enthusiasm for the project back sometime, but when... :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'll be diving back into this build this winter and hope to have it on track next year ,
Really happy to be able to get back to it and glad I didn't sell off all the bits .
What this space