oulton park 6th feb 2015

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

doggit

oulton park 6th feb 2015

Post by doggit »

guys, want some opinions, I have done one track day at oulton in sept this year, it was awesome with some amazingly fast riders out on track, I was in the novice group, well I am now looking at a novice only track day at oulton on the 6th feb 2015, really good value at £59, but being feb I am not sure about conditions, anyone done a winter track day, and do you think its worth a punt
carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
Varastorm

Re: oulton park 6th feb 2015

Post by Varastorm »

Hi,

Winter track days are great if you approach them with a bit of common sense.

No you don't have the same grip levels & yes you are likely to get cold/wet :thumbdown:

But....

a) They are cheap.
b) You can often leave the decision till the last moment and still get a place.
c) They tend to be less frantic due to the cold/wet & most of all they will teach you a lot of lessons in throttle control that will bring on your riding hugely in the dry/warmer season.

Riding on wets is an amazing experience if you have never tried it.

Worth giving it a go? I would wait till the weathers warmer, but that's my opinion. :thumbup:
doggit

Post by doggit »

thanks varastorm for the input, I will let the idea of a winter track day sink in a bit, before paying any beer tokens,
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Did you go?

Still in one piece? :thumbup: